Glass for Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
The OP has not stated whether or not the glass will be placed on top of a wooden top or used as the actual desktop. If this is to be used in a home environment, I would be worried with small children around any type of glass being used like the OP stated. You can never be too safe when children are playing around or on such a surface.
It will be used on top of a wooden desk. However, the desk has leather panels in the top, and it will be used in a craft room, so the glass is necessary to protect the wood and the leather. My research suggests as Jeff does that tempered glass is overkill. Live and learn.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
It will be used on top of a wooden desk. However, the desk has leather panels in the top, and it will be used in a craft room, so the glass is necessary to protect the wood and the leather. My research suggests as Jeff does that tempered glass is overkill. Live and learn.

The discussion alone has been beneficial for all of us in case we need to do something similar under different circumstances.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will be starting a job soon that has numerous, probably 40, tempered glass panes of many different sizes

As always I will try to find a new home for this but in reality I will most likely throw most in the dumpster.

After the last give-away I still disposed of about 30 pieces

Let me know what size you need please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS