Getting started on turkey box call

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I just broke up a turkey fight about 2 hours ago. My two turkey hens we're in a fight to the death. I had to to pull them apart by their tail feathers. I'm used to my toms fighting but not my hens.

Can you get a higher pitch? If so, it would be really close to the sounds a turkey makes. Maybe use some chalk on you paddle, might produce a higher pitch.

Fishbucket

New User
Joe
A slight curve on the reed ( for lack of not knowing what it's called) where the paddle rubs, will create the higher pitch.
Looks good though, eye pleasing design.

Absinthe

New User
Abs
I want to shorten the sound boards, but I am not sure if I want to keep the edge at 6° or square it off? And I am hoping that a little sanding is all I need to get that glue run line off. Unfortunately I didn't get back to it in time and it dried in place.

The paddle will be cedar, though I am not sure on the width or the springing of it. But live and learn, right!!

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I want to shorten the sound boards, but I am not sure if I want to keep the edge at 6° or square it off? And I am hoping that a little sanding is all I need to get that glue run line off. Unfortunately I didn't get back to it in time and it dried in place.

The paddle will be cedar, though I am not sure on the width or the springing of it. But live and learn, right!!

If you could make the perfect turkey call box from the get go - you would be a rich man. Tweak tweak tweak... Or should I say Yeep Yeep Yeep -:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS