General suggestion For all in the thread

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I think it was Hank who posted about wanting to get a book. If I remember correctly it was 42 bucks, there someone had found a site where you could get a PDF of it.

Anyway, that site had one of those just sign up and verify who you are with a credit card.
Now, some of these sites are legit and some of course, are not.

Here is what I do and would suggest others to do so as well. Open a junk email. Make it an easy name to remember like Hankjk2021@ yahoo or any other . Always use that for any suspect or one time deals. This prevents your regular email from getting spammed and alike. Second thing, go to Walgreens or Longs or any other of those stores and buy a Visa gift card. Then use it to buy some great tool of course, but leave like 2-4 bucks credit on it. Use that for all these kind of websites so, when they go to tag the card it doesn't have enough credit to allow the sale to go through, and every notification stating there is a problem goes to the junk email ;) :cool:

This allows you to sign up to those lame 7 day trials without having to remember to cancel. :cool::):D:p ...... Thank my one of my computer geek brothers for this ... I knew he would be good for something one day ......:p

Last edited:

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
One other thing I just remembered my brother mentioned, if they state the card is not valid, then it meant they ran it to see if there was enough credit for it to go through. IF that happens.... total scam site. Usually, a few legit sites might test the card with a 15 cent to 1.50 type check...... which explains why to have a few bucks credit on it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS