Gateleg table

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
It's been awhile coming, but since moving to PA I have actually been out in the shop quite a bit. I saw a picture in a catalog and designed my table based on the photo. When folded the table is a little under 18" and rolls up against the wall. It's about 24" wide, by 34" high. LOML wanted something higher than a standard table. The stools I am building to go with, can be slid in the openings when table is folded for storage.
IMG_1394.JPG

IMG_1348.JPG

More pics are in the gallery. Thanks for looking!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very nice. I like the "shelf" on the bottom. Does it sit totally flat on the floor or are there small feet to raise it up? Ever consider making it with two drop down sides? You really could have a good size table that way, that would take up little space when not in use.
Dave:)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Very nice. I like the "shelf" on the bottom. Does it sit totally flat on the floor or are there small feet to raise it up? Ever consider making it with two drop down sides? You really could have a good size table that way, that would take up little space when not in use.
Dave:)

Dave T,
It's a beautiful table.

DaveO,
If I made one with raise up sides, they would always be up, LOML tends to uver use any space she can find, at minimum it would be used to store coats ( yes we have a front hall coat closet but she would fill that up with other stuff).:lol:

Jimmy:)

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
Dave, it's actually on casters to be moved out of the way when not in use (not that it happens). I had thought about multiple drop leaves, but LOML didn't want bigger since we have an actual dining room table.

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
Ok finally getting around to posting pictures of the stools that I finished to go with the table. Plans based off article in Wood magazine for Bistro tables.

I made 3 with LOML ordering 2 more. They are made of ash, and are 26 1/2" high and the seat is 12X12.

Thanks for looking.

Badabing

New User
Joe
Really nice Dave! I'm new so I didn't see this post in Oct but I'm glad you followed up on it. I really like the stools :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
They look really good! Joinery looks good, wood tones are even, finish is excellent, what more can I say!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors