FWW Tools and Shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
It is always a pleasant surprise when I get the FWW Tools and Shops issue, and this year was no different. I enjoy looking at the tools, shop layouts, etc. I was pleasantly surprised and a bit shocked to see Greg Paolini's shop in it.

The surprise wasn't seeing Greg's shop, the surprise was the comments that he lives in the south and the weather is warmer. I agree the weather is warmer, but doesn't Greg live in the moutains? Doesn't it get cold up in them thair hills??? I also found it a bit chilly to see that his shop didn't have any insulation in the rafters/attic.

BRRRRRR!!!!! Gonna be cold this winter!!!! ;-)

Congrats to Greg on his continued publication in FWW, and for showing off his shop!

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
It is always a pleasant surprise when I get the FWW Tools and Shops issue, and this year was no different. I enjoy looking at the tools, shop layouts, etc. I was pleasantly surprised and a bit shocked to see Greg Paolini's shop in it.

The surprise wasn't seeing Greg's shop, the surprise was the comments that he lives in the south and the weather is warmer. I agree the weather is warmer, but doesn't Greg live in the moutains? Doesn't it get cold up in them thair hills??? I also found it a bit chilly to see that his shop didn't have any insulation in the rafters/attic.

BRRRRRR!!!!! Gonna be cold this winter!!!! ;-)

Congrats to Greg on his continued publication in FWW, and for showing off his shop!

Really, did you block out last years issue? It was a major disappointment.

M

McRabbet

I was in Greg's shop a few weeks ago and it is nicely laid out. He is just north of Waynesville and about 25 miles west of Asheville. Nice shop and a very nice guy! We are trying to get him back to speak at another of our meetings of the Western NC Woodworkers Association since so many members enjoyed his first visit with us. He is planning an update on his horizontal slot mortiser that was featured in one of his first FWW articles (Tools and Shops 2004-2005, pg 78-81). It is an easy device to build but now he has made several jigs and fixtures for it that extend its usefuleness.

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
Ok Guys - I've got to confess: The photos in that article are a little old..... Truth is, most of these articles run some time in advance..

Anyway, the shop is insulated now, and there is heat (more for my clients than for me) - Although I did work all last year in it without insulation or heat... I do have a slight advantage though: When you've lived most of your life in Buffalo, NY, even the harshest WNC Mountain winter seems like spring time...

I'll try and post some current photos for all to see - And if you're ever in the mountains, give me a holler!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Thats exciting to hear! I rarely read FWW, but I'll pick this one up for sure.

Greg, glad to hear you got some insulation. We can cancel our plans for our first annular LongJohns for Uninsulated Woodworkers campaign :gar-Bi

Jim

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Maybe Greg wears a shop snuggie. :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

I'll definitely have to pick up that issue. Congrats on the latest publication. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Greg, old pictures or not it is a great honor. I am glad you are part of the NCWW family. Well done.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
I knew I saw that name when I read that issue - very cool :).

That particular issue last year almost had me cancelling FWW; it's a little better this year but still borderline. Since they put Greg's shop in I'll give them a pass though :).

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
Greg, old pictures or not it is a great honor. I am glad you are part of the North Carolina Woodworker family. Well done.

Thanks - Very kind words! I'm glad to be surrounded by supportive woodworkers and enthusiasts such as yourselves.

And for the record, this is one of the best forums out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS