future walnut coffee table (wood gloat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Peterson

New User
Dave
This piece has been sitting at my secret wood mill near Cincinnati for 5 years. After I had it milled, It's finished size is 44 inches long, 19" wide, and almost 2 inches thick. This monster weighs 31.8 lb. on my digital bathroom scale. I had it milled before bringing it home. The split view shows me holding it for size, and the bottom picture shows it with mineral spirits on it to show of that amazing crotchwood! I also have the cut-off and it is about 12 inches long and 19 wide and it has even better crotch, but it is also angled, so it will most likely be handles/treen/bowl usage. The bottom view is flipped from the top view, but shows the same side. That big knot looks about the size of a ring of Saturn! The bark showing is very shallow and I might fill with some turquoise bits. not sure yet.

Dave Peterson

walnutct.jpg

thsb

New User
Tim
very nice. would like to see a designer try to come up with something prettier. it is just amazing what mama nature makes.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Now that you've wet our appetites, I can't wait to see how the coffee table turns out. Beautiful piece of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS