Furniture Design Gallery Showing (Now With Pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Brian Boggs is curating a furniture design showing with the theme "New Makers - New Work", and showcases the woodwork of local artists and craftsmen. The gallery showing is being held at The Design Gallery in Burnsville NC from June 5th - July 4th. The public reception is June 5th 7:00 - 9:00 PM. This is being held in conjunction with the Furniture Society meeting in Boone. I was fortunate to have a couple of my pieces accepted for the showing, and I delivered my pieces to the gallery today. It should be fun. Below is a link to the download library for a PDF of the show advertisement.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=225

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Re: Furniture Design Gallery Showing

Congratulations Randy, that sounds like quite an honor to be accepted. I wish stuff like this happened around my parts. It seems that all the art is going on in the west :cry_smile

Dave:)

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

Congratulations! :eek:ccasion1

That's great to be recognized for your work. :icon_thum

I would like to go to the showing but things haven't been working out for me lately. Still one can hope...

nelsone

New User
Ed

Awesome Randy! Congratulations! Can you share some pics of your entries? I'd love to see some more of you're work!

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member

Congratulations, Randy. Sounds like quite an honor to be accepted into the show. It's possible that I may be up in those parts during that time. If so, I'll make it a point to stop by and see your work

Matt

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User

I tried to open the flyer and got a "could not be found" message.

Congradulations none the less.

Jerry

Outa Square

New User
Al

I am getting the following:
Warning: copy(./downloads//ec_tmp/NewMakersemail.pdf) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/downloads.php on line 704
ERROR: File not found.

Congrats:thumbs_up

woodArtz

New User
Bob

Congratulations Randy! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

b4man

New User
Barbara

Awesome Randy! I am going to try and get up there although I won't be able to come on the 7th. Looking forward to seeing your art!

Barbara

Please reinsert the link!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell

Congrats! Virtual golf clap and pat on the back to ya!

I'm getting that download error as well, I'll take a look.

Jim

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell

Fixed the download issue, should be working fine now.

Jim

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Thanks for all of the kind words and comments. I've always enjoyed my woodworking and I guess it shows up in my work. I had a difficult time dealing with that PDF, maybe Jim can get it fixed or just email me or PM me and I'll send it to you directly. My pieces that are in the showing is a pair of walnut nightstands I made to match the previous walnut dresser. I'll try to make this short... but the nightstands are made from walnut with poplar secondary wood. The wood is all kiln dried and most of the wood came from the Haywood Community College sawmill before it closed (except for the legs that are air dried and came from my deceased ex-father-in-laws's carving stash). All 8 reverse taper legs were sawed from one big nice chunk of walnut that only had one tiny knot. The rails are true through mortises secured with ebony pyramid pegs . The side panels are veneered bookmatched walnut burl with my trademark sapwood center (sorry Roger). The drawers feature solid walnut drawer faces with poplar boxes. The faces and sides are married with halfblind handcut dovetails and the rear corners are through dovetails. The drawers are housed by traditional drawer guides. The tops are 2 piece glue-ups from some of the figured wood- I broke the rules because I just couldn't bring myself to saw those beautifully figured wide boards, but so far they have been stable.

Following are some pictures of the pieces, more pictures in my photo gallery:

Two_Nightstands.jpg

View image in gallery

sapwood

New User
Roger
Now that is a beautifully crafted piece!
It's easy to see why it was accepted. :icon_thum

Roger

M

McRabbet

Kudos to Randy for posting this along with pictures of his work -- there are 3 others in the group of exhibitors that are present or past members of the Western NC Woodworkers Association. Guess we're attracting some great folks! Sadly, I will be out of town for the June 5th kickoff, but I'm hoping that any of our members that do attend will take some pictures so we can display them on our website ad upload them here, too.

(For those that may not know, Randy is VP of the WNCWA and I'm the President).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS