Fund raising committee has a new member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Clint's little brother, Splint Eastwood (Matt):roll:, has enthusiastically agreed to serve on the newly formed committee. Everyone on the committee except Matt and Pete have access to this forum. I am well aware that things are discussed here that should remain confidential. What are your thoughts on allowing all committee members access to this forum?

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
We can setup whatever you'd like to have.

Its not good to open up the Staff forums to non-staff members.

Its probably a good idea to discuss this. As we add other Committee's, the need for forums will arrise.

My opinion, we create a whole new Public Category for Committees. Make two forums for each committee. One that is public and one that is private to committee members.

Jim

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I agree with Jim that the moderator forum should have very limited access and we should not allow people access to this forum because they serve on a committee. A new committee forum might be the ticket.

That too will need to have restricted access except for the specific committee staff and maybe others (BoD and senior staff).

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Food for thought on Forum Permissions:

Show Private Forum

Select 'No' here to hide this forum from users who are not allowed to access it. Users who do have permission to access it will have to log in before they can see this forum.
This option applies to any forum listing, including the Forum Jump menu, and Search Results.

Jim

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Each committe should have its own usergroup. Then should be given a forum who access is contolled by the usergroup permissions.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
You were 3 minutes faster than me on this suggestion :)

This also greatly simplifies adding and removing members of a committee.

Jim

Each committe should have its own usergroup. Then should be given a forum who access is contolled by the usergroup permissions.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I did some testing on the Test Site.

I created a new Forum "Committees" (gosh ain't I clever....)

There are two Sub-Forums:
1. Fund Raising Committee
2. Private - Fund Raising Committee

I created a new Usergroup (here comes the clever part) "Committee_FundRaising"

If you are a member of the Usergroup, you see the Private Forum.

If you are not in the Usergroup, you do not see the Private Forum.

So, food for thought, we can have public and private forums for a given committee.

Jim

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I did some testing on the Test Site.

I created a new Forum "Committees" (gosh ain't I clever....)

There are two Sub-Forums:
1. Fund Raising Committee
2. Private - Fund Raising Committee

I created a new Usergroup (here comes the clever part) "Committee_FundRaising"

If you are a member of the Usergroup, you see the Private Forum.

If you are not in the Usergroup, you do not see the Private Forum.

So, food for thought, we can have public and private forums for a given committee.

Jim

Jim, you're a good man to have around. You provide almost instant implementation on things that need to be done. Good job. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Philosophical debate time!!

How do people feel about Staff and B.O.D. being added to the Committee Private Forums, but not the Committee Specific Usergroup.

Down the road, I envision a "committee" registration form that will set all the stuff needed, and require approval by the committee chair. This certainly could include ex-officio members.

My personal opinion is that the Committee Private Forum remains only for people who signed up to serve on the committee. Since a Board member has to be part of a committee, I'd like to keep that person the gatekeeper between the committee and the Board/Staff.

The Pubilc Forum would be the place to exchange ideas.

I'm not commenting about any person or persons. I just think a committee would become overloaded if they had a lot of folks not on the committee involved in their internal discussions.

The bowl of chips is laid out, who wants to take one?

Jim

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I second what Jim is saying. The private forum should be available only to members and ex-officio members. It would get rather unwieldy if it was otherwise. The BoD as a whole, should not be allowed daily access. They would get their information from committee reports and, between board meetings, would give input to the committee through the public portion of the committee forums. The public committee forum serves a good purpose....the exchange of ideas on a particular subject, but access to the work and deliberations of a committee should be available only to those committee members.

Last edited:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I agree, BOD or others don't need to see committee forums unless they are a member of the committee, plus, this keeps the number of threads/messages that you have that are unread down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS