FSC-Certified Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxman

New User
Matt
Anyone aware of FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) - Certified wood sources in NC? All I can find are sources of FSC construction materials (plywood, 2x4 studs etc.).

I'm looking for FSC-certified cedar, birch, oak - wood you can make decent indoor/outdoor furniture from. At this point, not fussy about the species, just the certification. Thanks in advance for any leads.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
I dont know about FSC , but I know most of the sawyers here are probably more FSC than an FSC certified company as we use "treecycled" material those "other" guys wouldn't touch with a 10 foot bandsaw blade..

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
I have to agree with Kyle. From what I've read through the industry reports, it's a program that seems to be based on good intentions, but it boils down to yet another money making scheme. I equate it to LEED-H certifications. There are plenty of other choices out there that are cheaper and just as "green". Some are even more flexible. I'd prefer to support the local sawyers.

J

jeff...

I can write FSC with a lumber crayon on the lumber for you if you'd like ;-). I try and stay away from the term "green" when it comes to lumber. I just really don't see what's green about cutting a tree down and sawing it into boards. We get in lots of wind fall logs maybe that counts as "green" since it's already fell over by the wind.

Could someone please explain what "green" means - I've heard lots of people speak in terms of "green" but they use it to their advantage. Maybe I should ask Al Gore, since he's into all this global warming stuff, didn't he create the Internet too?

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Jeff, it's simple if you just stop and think abou it... You just need to switch a couple of words around.

Regarding Global Warming, Al Gore is in it "for the green

:lol:"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS