From the thriving metropolis of Pikeville, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakl15e

New User
Chris
Hey everyone, my name is Chris and I'm obviously new here. Been in NC for a couple years now and been building furniture and small projects as a hobby for about the same amount of time. Just happened to stumble across this site.

I'm still working on expanding my horizons, still using some of the very beginner joinery "techniques" (i.e. pocket holes) but I'd like to get away from that and get more into some dado or tenon joinery. We've got some of the basics but are trying to expand our tool collection while still having a garage usable for at least one car so most of our stuff is the "contractor" jobsite sort of tools that can fold up and out of the way. I look forward to the reading here and seeing the projects everyone is working on!

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Chris,

Welcome! We have lots of events. We have a new member chat on Thursday Oct 2, where you can learn much more about the website. On Oct 17-18, we will be participating in the Klingspor Extravaganza in Hickory. On Oct 4, there is a wood bending workshop in Raleigh. There are regularly scheduled lunches in the western part of the state, Triad, and Triangle. Joe Scharle is also planning a luncheon in the New Bern area.

I will second Jeff's statement that we love pictures and you can find out how to upload them at:

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/content.php?r=159-How-to-upload-photos-and-post-on-this-site

One person likes to tell new members that they get out of the website what they put into it and I believe it is true.

Join in the conversations when you can and don't be shy about asking questions.

I hope to see you at some of these events.

Steve H.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Welcome Chris, Pikeville is a great place I know.
If you want stop by the shop sometime. Every one is welcome to visit my shop.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Chris. Glad you found us and decided to join in. As some others have said, visit the site often and jump in the conversations; don't hesitate to ask questions; and watch for opportunities to meet/visit other members and see their shops. We pride ourselves on being the "friendliest site on the web" and don't allow discussions to get out of hand. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
Welcome. I've spent more than my fair share of time in Fremont so I too know the area pretty well.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Welcome to our little spot on the web Chris, glad to have you with us. Others have said we like pics and you will not find a better group of folks. Please do not be shy, feel free to to join in a conversation or ask any question.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome from Patetown, neighbor! My garage no longer has room for any vehicles and I still have to go to hand tools for some of the basic stuff, so just be forewarned. LOL

No expert, but let me know if you need some help.

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS