Friday Non-Woodworking Rant Auto-correct Issues

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
When typing anything on this site using my Ipad the auto correct/predictive text drives me crazy. I will start typing a word and the word I want will pop up in the banner. When I pick the word it changes it to something else. Then when I try to fix it, it will delete one of the letters. So I end up deleting the whole word and re-type it. Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Are you using an on-screen keyboard or a real keyboard. I use my ipad in a case/keyboard and it works well.
I’ve found when I use the on-screen popup keyboard I have similar issues.

Mine are user error. when I try to select from the provided word options, I fat finger and accidentally hit one of the letters in the top row of the “keyboard”. This leads to a whole new assumption of what I’m intending and some completely irrelevant word gets inserted.

I go back and forth with turning it on and off. Not sure which is worse.

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Are you using an on-screen keyboard or a real keyboard. I use my ipad in a case/keyboard and it works well.
I’ve found when I use the on-screen popup keyboard I have similar issues.
On screen + fat finger king.👆👑

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
That's a client/browser issue. We do nothing on the site to change spelling, with the exception of censoring some vulgarities.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS