Freud Company Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles M

New User
Charles
Hi folks. I frequent several forums to offer assistance with Freud tools and I look forward to meeting y'all and helping where I can. If you have questions or concerns please feel free to post them here and I will answer as soon as I can or if you would like immediate assistance you can email me directly.

Charles M
Freud America, Inc.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Charles,

Welcome to the group, your advice and expertise will be greatly appreciated.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Charles, welcome:eusa_danc I've seen your presence of woodnet, and I know how helpful you have been. So join in anywhere, you feel comforatble. It doesn't have to be just about Freud. Feel free to become a part of the community. After all you are based in NC.:lol: You welcome to use any and all facilities of the site.

Feel free to ask for a Photo Album and use it as you would like. From pictues of Freud products or pictures of your children.

Thanks for joining and we look forward to your continued presence.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Charles, welcome to the friendliest forum around! Your technical expertise will be utilized to it's fullest extent, I'm sure!

ZMan

New User
Bob
Welcome Charles, from just down the street in High Point!!!!

Glad you're here - your presence will be very valuable. I'll send you a PM in a second.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks, Charles for coming around, I really appreciate it, and look forward to your advice. I love my Freud blades. Dave:)

ChrisC

New User
Christopher Cain
Welcome Charles!!!

You've help me a couple of times, and I must say this site has gained a valuable asset.

Last edited:

lbmallett

New User
Larry Mallett
How is "Freud" pronounced? Does it sound like the famous shrink (Froid)? Or is it pronounced just like it's spelled (Frewed)? Just curious. :eusa_thin

windknot

Scott
Senior User
Thanks for joining...I bought a new 60 tooth 10" blade a while back with a rebate for an extra 60 tooth blade, but it must be lost. Who should I talk to to get this resolved?

sapwood

New User
Roger
Charles,

Thanks for joining us. I know you have a lot to contribute and hope you enjoy the forum as much as I have :mrgreen:

Why Not?
Sapwood

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Charles, welcome aboard, I think you will enjoy your time here and will have an opportunity to answer a bunch of questions about Freud's product line as well as get a few questions answered for yourself.

And since you offered to answer questions.........here are a couple that maybe you can help me out with.

1) About a year ago I ordered a handful of Frued's 3/4" bore rub collars from a company online called Right-Tools. All of the collars came in with the exception of the RC-104 which they said was on back-order. I have checked back with them a few times but continue to get the same answer. Is Frued still producing rub-collars with with a 3/4" bore or has everything gone to 1-1/4" bore?

2) Another back-order question. What is the status of Frued's new Box Joint blade? I was in Woodcraft last weekend and they told me the blades were on back-order from Frued. How soon before we can start seeing the blades stocked again. I am interested in taking a look at one of them.

Thanks,
D L

Charles M

New User
Charles
lbmallett said:
How is "Freud" pronounced? Does it sound like the famous shrink (Froid)? Or is it pronounced just like it's spelled (Frewed)? Just curious. :eusa_thin

Hi LArry,

Freud is actually a combination word. Fre comes from fresa which is Italian fror cutter and ud is from Udine the home town of the company in Italy. In Europe it is pronounced fre-OOD but in North America we say it froid.

Charles M

New User
Charles
windknot said:
Thanks for joining...I bought a new 60 tooth 10" blade a while back with a rebate for an extra 60 tooth blade, but it must be lost. Who should I talk to to get this resolved?

The lady that handles the rebates is on vacation this week but if you call (800) 334-4107 today and ask for Wendy she should be able to track it for you.

Charles M

New User
Charles
D L Ames said:
1) About a year ago I ordered a handful of Frued's 3/4" bore rub collars from a company online called Right-Tools. All of the collars came in with the exception of the RC-104 which they said was on back-order. I have checked back with them a few times but continue to get the same answer. Is Frued still producing rub-collars with with a 3/4" bore or has everything gone to 1-1/4" bore?

2) Another back-order question. What is the status of Frued's new Box Joint blade? I was in Woodcraft last weekend and they told me the blades were on back-order from Frued. How soon before we can start seeing the blades stocked again. I am interested in taking a look at one of them.

Thanks,
D L

D L,

1) Sorry for the poor communication. In order to simplify the selection, the rub collars that go with 1-1/4" bore cutters are now only available in 1-1/4" bore but a 1-1/4" to 3/4" bushing is included. The item you need is RC101.

2) The SBOX8 has been a LOT more popular than we projected. We are producing them as quickly as possible and air shipping them as they are made. If you call our toll free number (800) 334-4107 and choose option 2 one of our salesmen may be able to help you locate a dealer that has one in stock today.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Charles, thanks for your timely response. Did you attend the AWFS show in Vegas last Summer? I might have met you out there.

D L

M

McRabbet

D L (and others): I have the Freud SD508 Super Dado set and it cuts the flattest bottom dados I've ever seen. And, it allows you to cut everything from a 1/4" wide dado (or box joint) out to 13/16". I'm not sure of the price of the new Box Joint blade set (which appear identical to the outer cutters on the SD508), why not spend a little more and have the best darn dado cutter around? I spend about $165 for mine at last year's Woodworking Show in Charlotte and I love it.
D L Ames said:
What is the status of Frued's new Box Joint blade? ... I am interested in taking a look at one of them.

Thanks,
D L

Charles M

New User
Charles
Rob,

Dado sets have been used successfully to cut finger joints for years but, appearances aside, the SBOX8 is different. It has all flat ground teeth to eliminate the small "bat ears" in the corners and aggressive hook angle like a rip blade. It also has the advantage of using 20 teeth to cut the slots where a dado like the SD508 will have 24 teeth cutting the outside but only 4 tips cutting the center of a 3/8" slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors