Free HF compressor (needs some work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I have a Central Pneumatic(Harbor Freight) 2hp, 4 gallon pancake compressor available to anyone that wants it.

It has a couple of issues. The on/off button stopped working, so it comes on as soon as it is plugged in. I had it plugged in to one of those router table type on/off extension cord deals.

The bigger problem is, the pressure will only come up to about 60lbs and the compressor keeps running, trying to get the pressure higher. I'm guessing there may be an air leak somewhere? I really don't know enough about how these work, and I didn't want to spend a lot of time troubleshooting.

Anyway, if you think you can fix it or use it as it is, take a ride out to Willow Spring and pick it up.

Send me a PM for directions and to work out a time.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I'll give this one bump before I put it on Craigslist.

I'm surprised no one can use this. It probably needs only very little work to be back in good working condition.

rick7938

New User
Rick
It probably has a blown head gasket like mine did. Just remove the head, scrape off the old gasket, replace head gasket with a little silicone, and it will probably work fine. Mine has worked 3 years after my repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS