FredP does it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Made a little talent-swapping deal with good ol' Fred and look what I got !! :gar-La;

mantle2.jpg

The QS sycamore came from Jeff.... Fred also cut the Sycamore and walnut blanks for the corbels . I scrolled the corbels based on a design created for me by my friend Carl Hird-Rutter ( the Canadian Scroller )
Some of you saw one of these corbels at the last wood run
mantle4.jpg

mantle3.jpg

mantle7.jpg

Fred , you did an awesome job :icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum
My living room decor is gothic/medieval, and this fits in perfectly !!
the corbels are not completely fastened yet as the mantle will have to come down for new wallpaper and a few repairs from the removal of the previous mobiley-home mantle :embaresse
I'm going to try my first real building project by building a bookcase out of the same wood to replace one on the other side of the room .....there may or may not be pics depending on how successful I am :rotflm:
A few more pics are in my gallery

Thanx for lookin :mrgreen:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
SWEEEET!

I like the mantle, fireplace and the decor.

You keep hanging around and you will be a real woodworker before you know it.

J

jeff...

very cool mantle, I'm digging those dragons man - that art right there, one of a kind :cool: So I been to Fred's shop I didn't see any elves but I noticed there were some narrow stairs - Fred said "You don't want to go up there" So now I'm wondering now what's up there? Is that where the elves stay are there trolls - I mean what is living up there? Fred is kicking out projects left and right - he's gotta have elves, trolls or something.

sawduster

New User
Robert
I've been upstairs at Fred's shop . There is only enough space for elves .....and not more than 2 at that !
.....maybe 3 if they are really really good friends :rotflm:

Glennbear

Glenn
Dragons, shields, swords, yep that would definitely be medieval. So when is the next Society for Creative Anachroism BBQ being held? :gar-La; Very nice work once again Robert:eusa_clap

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bro you have a gift. And when you team up 2 gifted people, Sawduster and FredP, the results are amazing.

Another example of the magic found at NCww.net. Members helping members. This site ROCKS!!!!!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Way cool corbels on a fine looking and unique mantle, Robert!!!:cool::icon_thum:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS