Frank Klausz Dovetail Class!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

The "Triangle Woodworkers Assocation" is hosting Frank this weekend to learn to make handcut dovetails. We will each be making a small Mahogany box. It looks like there might be a couple of spaces left. So here's the deal. The meeting is Friday night from 7:30 - 9:00 the 21st, then the class is Saturday and Sunday at my work shop. The cost is $75.00. I am not sure if I am allowed to bring in non-club members, but I think they would rather fill up the class. At the meeting on Friday they are going to try to recuit any last minute members who might want to take the class. If it does not fill up I am going to ask if I can bring in some others who might want to take the class. If I can I will not know till 9:00 Friday night. So anyone who knows they can make it let me know and PM me your phone # so I can call you Friday night. It is a last minute thing but well worth it if you can make it. I took the class 3 years ago and it cost me $250.00 plus travel, and I still thought it was worth it.

As a side note anyone who wants to come to the meeting Friday night at 7:30 is welcome to do so. It meets at the Klingspor Woodworking store on Capital Blvd in Raleigh. (free admission)

List of tools to bring if you have them:

1. Hammer or mallet
2. Chisels 1/4", 1/2" at least
3. Mortise gauge
4. Dovetail saw or Japanese pull saw with a back on it.
5. Combination square
6. Small low angle block plane
7. # 3 or 4 block plane
8. 4@ 12" clamps ("f" style work fine)
9. Eye and ear protection

woodguy1975

New User
John
Geez, if it wasn't so far and I wasn't so busy..

I'd be there in a heartbeat. :) That is a great opportunity. I hope you guys take advantage of this.

BTW, the class it both days. What are the hours?

John

T

toolferone

Re: Geez, if it wasn't so far and I wasn't so busy..

woodguy1975 said:
I'd be there in a heartbeat. :) That is a great opportunity. I hope you guys take advantage of this.

BTW, the class it both days. What are the hours?

John

Yes it is a 2 day class!
Sat 9 - 5?
Sun 9 - 5?

Not sure when we call it quits for the day, also some folks came in early on Sunday to get ahead start or catch up, when I took the class.

Monty

New User
Monty
If I were in the area, I would be there for sure! That's a great opportunity to learn from a master.

BTW --- "Ear protection"?!?!? For handcut dovetails? I know Klausz is fast with his saw, but I didn't know he was THAT fast! ;-) :lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I'm looking forward to his presentation Friday night, but have to many things to do this weekend to attend the workshop, plus I am not currently a member so I didn't think I could. That is very kind of you to offer to get some non-members in if there is room. Do those tools need to brought to the meeting Friday night????:lol: :lol: :lol: Look forward to seeing you there. Dave:)

T

toolferone

DaveO said:
Do those tools need to brought to the meeting Friday night????:lol: :lol: :lol: Look forward to seeing you there. Dave:)

No just Saturday if you take the class, unless they are being donated.:p

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
I have prior commitments on saturday, otherwise I would not miss that workshop for anything. Looking forward to Friday though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS