Formica for Folding Outfeed Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

balunist

New User
Bill
I'm working on a Folding Outfeed table for a tablesaw. I'm following plans found in Jan-Feb 09 issue of Woodworker's Journal. The plans have me constructing the top with Formica glued to 3/4" MDF. A Formica 4' x 8' sheet is more then I need and $$. Does anyone have a source or suggestion for obtaining seconds or smaller pieces (43" x 21" & 43" x 19). I live in Pittsboro, NC. Thanks in advance!

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Check your local Big Box stores (HD or Lowe's) and see if they have a damaged sheet -- you can often get them at a substantially reduced price.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I'm working on a Folding Outfeed table for a tablesaw. I'm following plans found in Jan-Feb 09 issue of Woodworker's Journal. The plans have me constructing the top with Formica glued to 3/4" MDF. A Formica 4' x 8' sheet is more then I need and $$. Does anyone have a source or suggestion for obtaining seconds or smaller pieces (43" x 21" & 43" x 19). I live in Pittsboro, NC. Thanks in advance!

I think I have a piece or two but need to check the size. If I have it you have it but you gots to come gits it.:D

jrfuda

New User
John
What's the width? They sell melamine covered particle board shelving for a decent price in 12,16 and 24" widths and 8, 12 and 16' lengths at the big box stores. I plan on using some for my own in/outfeed table project.

balunist

New User
Bill
The plan that I'm following covers the top and bottom of two 3/4" MDF panels sandwiched together. The panels are 22 3/4" x 42 1/2" and 19 3/4" x 42 1/2". The laminate required would match these sizes.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
Why worry about it?
Just keep it around for something else.

I roll mine up, wrap with packing tape and tie up to rafters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS