For those looking for true Appleply...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergy

New User
Fergy
Spoke with States Industries, located in Eugene, OR (my hometown) this morning, after spending time calling their local distributors. Nobody in this region has any on the floor at this point.

The local distributor, Hood Distribution, in both Raleigh and High Point told me they couldn't get it, and that it was no longer manufactured. That was sort of annoying to the manufacturer, especially when their distributor is telling potential customers that. Apparently, you can get it, but since these guys aren't stocking it, you'll need to order a lot. States prefers to ship full press loads of 30 sheets (in 1/2"). I was looking for about 20 sheets, and they said they'd be willing to send that to the distributor, but this stuff is made to order. I was looking at the 17th before it was made and shipped, and with my installation being the 25th, that doesn't really work.

FWIW, this is manufactured in the US of Polish veneers.

Their competitor is Europly, who I didn't track down yet.

The Russian Baltic Birch is also being manufactured in 4x8 sheets now, but it's harder to get.

Looks like I'm going to have to go with the Asian import ply for this project.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I bookmarked a place in New Hampshire www.Bargainbirch.com a while back but never used them d/t Jeremy's Craigslist BB cutoff deal he found. Worth a shot but no experience with them.

fergy

New User
Fergy
The problem that I've got is that I need 8' lengths (or longer) lengths for this project.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I didn't know you could even get the 4x8 sheets. How is the price of the appleply compared to baltic birch say in the standard sizes?

fergy

New User
Fergy
you can get the Europly BB in 4x8, 4x10 and 5x10, as well as 5x5.

Appleply comes in 4x8, 4x10 and 5x10, as well as custom sizes in the full press load. They'll also do custom surfaces on it.

Can't tell you the price, I can't find anyone to sell it to me. Manufacturer doesn't have an MSRP.

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
States Industries used to have a mill and warehouse in Mocksville, NC. I knew quite a few people that worked there up untill about June of this year. They closed the whole operation down. From what I hear States industries as a whole is doing pretty bad. I do know that they used to order BB from over seas for their "in house" projects in Mocksville. I guess they could buy it cheaper then they could make it. Maybe that is why their business is so bad!!!:gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS