For Sale - SawStop - Cast Iron Wings

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Condition: Used
Manf.: SawStop

Left & Right cast iron wings for SawStop 3hp PCS table saw.

New: $150+ each

$200 for both.

2 weekends ago, I cleaned the light surface rust from the wings. I followed SawStop's recommended cleaning technique video, which uses the following:

Scotch-brite gray pads (ultra fine?)
409 cleaner
WD-40
Denatured Alcohol
Past Wax
etc.,

Wings are in pretty good condition, with some light surface scratches.

PXL_20210613_185241001.MP~2.jpgPXL_20210613_185233572.MP~2.jpg

If you need more information or detailed pictures, please feel free to reply here or send a pm.

Thanks,

Rory

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
There has to be a good story here. How does one end up with "extra" SawStop wings?

I thought I was the only one! (I have one extra SawStop wing. My PCS SawStop had one wing that had never been drilled out. Always figured I'd drill it out and expand the saw but never got around to it.)

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
There has to be a good story here. How does one end up with "extra" SawStop wings?

I thought I was the only one! (I have one extra SawStop wing. My PCS SawStop had one wing that had never been drilled out. Always figured I'd drill it out and expand the saw but never got around to it.)

Dave,

Oh.. there is a "Good" story.. but I am not up to reliving that.. in this post. :D

Long story short... SS sent out a replacement saw, because my original saw never worked. They only wanted the main cabinet/motor back, so I was able to keep both cast iron wings... along with some other minor items.

And how does a "premium" company, like SS, overlook something like that? Didn't drill out the holes in the wing? :(

Rory

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Rory,
Can you shoot a picture of the bottom of the wings?
I want to see what the web pattern is...

I have a couple ideas for one of them, but the web configuration is somewhat critical...

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
Dave,

Oh.. there is a "Good" story.. but I am not up to reliving that.. in this post. :D

Long story short... SS sent out a replacement saw, because my original saw never worked. They only wanted the main cabinet/motor back, so I was able to keep both cast iron wings... along with some other minor items.

And how does a "premium" company, like SS, overlook something like that? Didn't drill out the holes in the wing? :(

Rory

I forgot about that tale! Now I remember.

Yeah. Dunno. It was perfect otherwise -- just smooth on all sides. I appreciated them giving me a free plate for flattening planes!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you not sure it is going to work for what I planned... (kind of assumed it would look like a spiderweb)
I might try it, but can't afford a $150 mistake (don't get me wrong - Fair price for them) but I will put a number of holes and machining into it and still may have to scrap it...
So unfortunately, I am not "your guy"

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Thank you not sure it is going to work for what I planned... (kind of assumed it would look like a spiderweb)
I might try it, but can't afford a $150 mistake (don't get me wrong - Fair price for them) but I will put a number of holes and machining into it and still may have to scrap it...
So unfortunately, I am not "your guy"

New, they are $150+ each.

I'm "giving" them away for $100/each.

If still not interested, no worries.

Rory

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS