Food for thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
The way this has ended up, I don't really think we have much of a difference between administrators and moderator. Or am I missing something?:eusa_thin

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
SteveColes said:
The way this has ended up, I don't really think we have much of a difference between administrators and moderator. Or am I missing something?:eusa_thin

As Martha says, "It's a good thing", that we have a lot of good folks who are skilled in computers. I take it that is what you were eluding to. ????

Mike

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
mshel said:
As Martha says, "It's a good thing", that we have a lot of good folks who are skilled in computers. I take it that is what you were eluding to. ????

Mike

Actually, I'm not. I was thinking that all the mods have some level of access to the admin panel and the admins are also doing "moderation"

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I think that everybody is working together as a team. If you want to get technical, the Mods have the ability to do what the Admins can, but in my case not the knowledge. I can create albums...that's all, and make sure that everyone feels a part of the group. I think that you have got a great group of "staff" here, and we all want to help this site to prosper.
Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
DaveO said:
I think that everybody is working together as a team. If you want to get technical, the Mods have the ability to do what the Admins can, but in my case not the knowledge. I can create albums...that's all, and make sure that everyone feels a part of the group. I think that you have got a great group of "staff" here, and we all want to help this site to prosper.

That is what I was getting at. Should we consider changing the titles of moderators and administrators to the same thing such as staff or Galactic Emperor:lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I like Galactic Emperors myself. "Staff" sounds to much like a job at summer camp. Possibly "Support Team", or
El Conquistador :lol: :lol: :lol:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I am the newbie and still figuring out what needs to be done. Making everyone one title, maybe moderators is best. I agree, this seems to be a very good bunch that works together. Pay is the pits, but what can you expect?

M

McRabbet

I'd go for "Webstaff" but would nix "Big Brother", or "Big Sister" in Cathy's case; and Steve shouldn't be "Darth Vader" and Dave shouldn't the "Big Lush". :lol: :lol: Sorry for my bad humor :slap: .

Like Travis, I'm just learning the ropes here and there's lots to learn.

Rob

clowman

Clay Lowman
I like dave's idea.

I personally dont' like "Staff" Just gives me the willies...

Actually, "Administrator" would be the most recognizable title you could give.

cskipper

Cathy
Grand poobah and loyal subjects would be my first pick :lol: . Another moderator title might be Forum Assistant if your concern is that other folks don't know who to contact.

Otherwise, I think Administrator is good and for all it really matters at this point, moderators included in that or separate really doesn't matter. You might want to leave it alone and we'll (this part of the group) know that admin's mess with parts of the control panel the rest of us don't.

You could also walk me/us through other likely places in the control panel we might need to be and I/we could write up the steps of how to do that particular thing.

Guess I don't know what has brought this topic up which could affect my answer.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
You can call me anything you want........just don't call me late for supper.:lol:

I motion that we nominate SteveC to be titled as Papa Smurf.:icon_bigs Do we have a second?

D L

M

McRabbet

Okay, my last suggestion: Steve is "The Man" and we are all "Help Mates"... DaveO should be "First Mate"....:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS