Floating Side Menu is Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
The floating side menu is back with some changes. It wasn't the few changes that took all the time, it was a bug in the software that I use to generate the menu that got exposed. I couldn't fix the bug, so I did a quick and dirty work around.

Anyway, please take a look at the menu and its structure. I could use some feed back and debugging of links, etc.

The structure as I have now is unwieldy, so all suggestions, etc will be kindly accepted.

If you look at the second horizontal menu, it really needs work. In fact that is what motivated me to make the changes. But until, I get some feed back on the organization of the side menu, I'll hold off on those changes.

Note for Monty, etc. What I intend to do is remove the mod that I used to create the menu and start using the same software that I use for the side menu, except it won't float.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Re: Where is the Menu??

FYI....On the side menu in Photo Galleries, View Your Photos it is going to the members gallery instead of my photo gallery.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Oh Thank you Steve... You truely don't know what you've got till it's gone. I depend on that little side menu...

M

McRabbet

Good to have the slider menu back -- I did notice a few flaws --
1) You have North Carolina Woodworker Discount Cards for Klingspor and East Wake Hardwoods under User Settings as second tier items and as third tier items under NCWW Info (that's where I think they belong). And 2) it is almost impossible to click on the Sandhills Carver's Club that pops out from the WW Club Pages because it closes as soon as one moves the cursor to it (it needs to be moved down for a lateral move of the cursor).

Hope this helps. Rob

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member

FYI....On the side menu in Photo Galleries, View Your Photos it is going to the members gallery instead of my photo gallery.
Yes, that seems to be a consequence of a structrual change I made. Not sure if I want to go back to the other way. This new way makes it easier for me to make updates with as much potential for screwing up the system.

I'll have to think about that one.:eusa_thin

MikeH

New User
Mike

Yes, that seems to be a consequence of a structrual change I made. Not sure if I want to go back to the other way. This new way makes it easier for me to make updates with as much potential for screwing up the system.

I'll have to think about that one.:eusa_thin

No problem. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of it. :-D

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Good to have the slider menu back -- I did notice a few flaws --
1) You have North Carolina Woodworker Discount Cards for Klingspor and East Wake Hardwoods under User Settings as second tier items and as third tier items under North Carolina Woodworker Info (that's where I think they belong). And 2) it is almost impossible to click on the Sandhills Carver's Club that pops out from the WW Club Pages because it closes as soon as one moves the cursor to it (it needs to be moved down for a lateral move of the cursor).

Hope this helps. Rob
Fixed club pages. Deleted extra Discount cards. Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors