Floating Menu in Test part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I've Incorporated all the changes and fixes from the last the review. I hope :lol: . I also added all the stuff that was missing from before. The only exception is the frapper map.

At this point I can't make the view your photos work like I would like and the same goes for the searches.( I am waiting for some help from the authors) But please take another detailed look. tell me what's missing, what doesn't work. Suggest different organizations. Even suggest faster or slower speeds.

Basically I'm trying to judge how close it is to being ready prime time.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Working great for me. I like the speed. The only thing that I would change is the thing that you are still working on. So I'll say Bravo :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
fly-out seems a little slow? but it may be my connection speed today. When I have more time after work I will check the usual suspected causes for similar behaviour here at home. Like 'New Posts' on the first fly, I had turned off the 'old' new nav-bar because of that feature alone.

Monty

New User
Monty
This is what I would try for the "My Photos" link:

<a href="$vboptions[homeurl]/pp/showgallery.php?ppuser=$bbuserinfo[userid]">My Photos</a>

This is based on what has worked for me in the navbar.

M

McRabbet

The revised menu is great -- I also noticed the Mouse over tip for the User Settings, but Monty beat to that one. I also noted the Sandhills Carver's Club announcement page under Important Info -- I'd like a similar page for the Western NC Woodworkers Association (could be abbreviated to "Western NC WW Assoc.").

Rob

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
fly-out seems a little slow? but it may be my connection speed today. When I have more time after work I will check the usual suspected causes for similar behaviour here at home. Like 'New Posts' on the first fly, I had turned off the 'old' new nav-bar because of that feature alone.
Flyout speed has nothing to do with connection speed. It should be same no matter what unless your machine is very slow.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
This is what I would try for the "My Photos" link:

<a href="$vboptions[homeurl]/pp/showgallery.php?ppuser=$bbuserinfo[userid]">My Photos</a>

This is based on what has worked for me in the navbar.

My problem is not the what the URL should be, but rather getting the javascript to do the symbol substitution. I have a message out to the authors.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
The revised menu is great -- I also noticed the Mouse over tip for the User Settings, but Monty beat to that one. I also noted the Sandhills Carver's Club announcement page under Important Info -- I'd like a similar page for the Western NC Woodworkers Association (could be abbreviated to "Western NC WW Assoc.").

Rob
Just supply me an html page

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
So now the question is this menu ready for "prime Time". That means moving it to the NCWW default style.

Monty

New User
Monty
Well.... if you're satisfied with the new posting guidelines that are linked in the new menu, then I suppose it's ready.

Monty

New User
Monty
One other thing - there seems to be a little animation with each page refresh. The rest of the page is delayed for a second until that animation is completed... it's a little annoying. I would vote to just let the menu appear without the little "drop down" trick.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Well.... if you're satisfied with the new posting guidelines that are linked in the new menu, then I suppose it's ready.

I can remove the the statement of policy before I move the menu. BTW, there are a couple of things I would like to fix first though.

One other thing - there seems to be a little animation with each page refresh. The rest of the page is delayed for a second until that animation is completed... it's a little annoying. I would vote to just let the menu appear without the little "drop down" trick.

If you are refering to the movement of the vertical bar from the top of the page to the it normal position, then I 'm not what I can do except have the position of the bar at the top of the screen. I don't believe this movement is a feature but rather an artifiact of the way they implmented it. But I'll look into it.

Monty

New User
Monty
Oh, I see - maybe it's just a matter of the menu coming down from the top of the page. It just doesn't start to appear until the header is refreshed, then it appears in the body. I thought it was delaying the rest of the page refresh.... must be my connection today. :roll:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Oh, I see - maybe it's just a matter of the menu coming down from the top of the page. It just doesn't start to appear until the header is refreshed, then it appears in the body. I thought it was delaying the rest of the page refresh.... must be my connection today. :roll:
I was just taking a closer look and it sure looks as if it is doing a slide down from the the header. I think I'll take a closer look. Don't think that's an optical illusion. Something else going on here:eek:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Bigger question, is are you statisfied with the policy statement ( I'm not yet). As webmaster, you will have to enforce it. If I have given something that you wholey disagree with, that won't happen. In fact, if don't want them, I won't post them

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I was just taking a closer look and it sure looks as if it is doing a slide down from the the header. I think I'll take a closer look. Don't think that's an optical illusion. Something else going on here:eek:
I think i found it. How does doit look to you now?

Monty

New User
Monty
Menu = mo betta! WRT the guideline statement, I'm following that other thread to see how it turns out, and anxiously awaiting your "2nd draft"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS