Flame Boxelder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhythm House Drums

New User
Kevin
I'm looking for about 20 BF of 4/4 flame boxelder. And a 2" thick 13x13" block. Any ideas where to find this stuff around here? I'm willing to pay to have it shipped in but not having much luck finding it.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Kevin:

I did a search in Woodfinder.com. No results for "Flame Box Elder" but here are the results for "box elder." You might to call some of these places to find if they have what you need.

[SIZE=+3]Search Results[/SIZE]
bluerule.gif

Woodfinder[SUP]®[/SUP] found 10 suppliers
in our database that match your search criteria:

> Products, services or species listings contain "BOX ELDER"
> Businesses closest to zip code '27606'
Click on the company names below to view
their product listings and contact information.

Please tell them you found them in Woodfinder[SUP]®[/SUP]!

bluerule.gif
bluerule.gif

Klingspor’s Woodworking Shop of Raleigh Raleigh NC (13 miles)
Klingspor’s Woodworking Shop of Winston-Salem Winston-Salem NC (91 miles)
Klingspor’s Woodworking Shop of Hickory Hickory NC (141 miles)
World of Hardwoods Linthicum MD (259 miles)
Jeffries Fine Lumber Knoxville TN (291 miles)
CAG Lumber/ Div. ATD Gainesville GA (304 miles)
Irvin's Sawmill & Gallery Of Wood - Apple Lumber Special Shirleysburg PA (326 miles)
DOMEX HARDWOODS Philadelphia area PA (375 miles)
Suburban Mills Sawmill - PA Tyler Hill PA (448 miles)
Suburban Mills Huntington Station NY (457 miles)

We currently have a good selection and variety of premium grade Flame Boxelder. We do not have any kiln dried but we do have some air dried, green, and all stages in between.

If you have need for any particular sizes or would just like to know what we have, just call and ask. Kevin. 903-664-4444
blank.gif

Sounds to me like your needs are specific enough you may need to make a request for custom milling to supplier.

Hope that helps.

Henry

Last edited:

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
There was a booth at last year's Klingspore Woodworking Show that was selling flame boxelder. He was from somewhere in central NC, but that's all I know about him. Maybe someone at Klingspore can tell you who he is.

Charley

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
There was a booth at last year's Klingspore Woodworking Show that was selling flame boxelder. He was from somewhere in central NC, but that's all I know about him. Maybe someone at Klingspore can tell you who he is.

Charley

I bought some of that wood from the guy at the Klingspor Extravaganza. What he had was pieces 1/4" thick. Nice for making a jewelry box or something, but I doubt it would do for what I think Kevin is looking for.

Anyway the outfit is Richard Moore Custom Sawing Inc. Contact Richard Tel 336-3 oh 6-3986

In looking at what I (still) have it is call Thin Craft Lumber - Species Box Elder and is 1/8" thick. It does have a very nice red flame pattern.

It certainly won't hurt to call and ask if he can accommodate your needs.

Last edited:

gritz

New User
Robert
EBAY has lots of sellers of figured lumber and fancy slabs. I saw some flame boxelder last night.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Asheville hardware had some very nice slabs of box elder about 8/4 thick the last time I was there. they could be resawn and bookmatched.

Brantnative

Jeff
Corporate Member
Call Richard at Richard Moore's Custom sawing (336-3 oh 6-3986). He will accommodate you and his shop is a very interesting place to visit.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
To clarify: Boxelder wood is not exciting; "flame" boxelder is a unique and different beast but it's still boxelder wood with the fungal characteristics that make it what it is.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I can echo the post on the great wood Richard Moore had. He sold wood in all widths and thickness. I would also call The Hardwood Store.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
You may want to check woodbarter.com website. They do have sign up requirements, so read those first. Kevin is the administrator and has flammed boxelder regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS