first pic post- bs box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Some of you may remember my posts about the 14" Delta BS I have owned since 1996 and never used. I decided to kill two birds with one stone. Make small projects while recovering from surgery and using the BS. Decided to make BS boxes. This is the first one. As you can see, if this dang picture thing works, I take pictures about as well as I use a BS. I think the grain would have been better served sitting on a different surface. The pine table it is sitting on is a whole different story. Once I have figured all this out I will take a picture of it and pass along the story that goes along with the wood.

I also am working on my new years resolution to learn how to post pictures.:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

The BS box is make out of mahogany and has about 6 coats of General Finishes gel wipe on poly.

0044.JPG

:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thumhttp://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/500/medium/0044.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Nice looking box!!

If I may suggest, go to photobucket.com and register. It make posting pictures sooooo easy and it's free!!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Some of you may remember my posts about the 14" Delta BS I have owned since 1996 and never used. I decided to kill two birds with one stone. Make small projects while recovering from surgery and using the BS. Decided to make BS boxes. This is the first one. As you can see, if this dang picture thing works, I take pictures about as well as I use a BS. I think the grain would have been better served sitting on a different surface. The pine table it is sitting on is a whole different story. Once I have figured all this out I will take a picture of it and pass along the story that goes along with the wood.

I also am working on my new years resolution to learn how to post pictures.:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

The BS box is make out of mahogany and has about 6 coats of General Finishes gel wipe on poly.

www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/500/medium/0044.JPG

Here ya go buddy. :icon_thum

0044.JPG

That's a GREAT looking box Keye! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Keye, great looking box. Picture taking is an art on it's own. Try a plain black or dark blue table cloth. It will make a world of difference.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Keye great looking box - if that is a first I am looking forwar to seeing the next one - I think that I scraped my first bandsaw box - I think that I might turn it into pens or something like that:gar-La;

bluewing92

New User
Norm
Keye, great looking box. :icon_thum I like the grain orientation on the front. Especially the where it looks like the eye of the fish. Keep up the good work. It gets to be habit forming, first thing you know you have boxes all over the house. But you also have gifts ready to be given as needed.
My first BS box sits in my shop as a reminder of things not to do.

tjgreen

New User
Tim
Very nice box, Keye. I just picked up an older used bandsaw, may have to try making a box.

BTW, for you photographers out there, you can make a decent light box/softbox for very little money out of thin white opaque acrylic sheeting or white cloth and a strong light source. Gives you that classic studio look, soft shadows, white background. Google "making a light box" for more info.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Keye great looking box - if that is a first I am looking forwar to seeing the next one - I think that I scraped my first bandsaw box - I think that I might turn it into pens or something like that:gar-La;

yeh I resycled my first one too...... I turned it into smoke and ash!:rotflm: nice lookin box keye:icon_thum

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
That's a real beauty, Brother.
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Hope you continue to recuperate quickly. I'm gonna try that one of these days.

:wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS