Finished Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
This is the finished cypress deck table hard at work on the shop porch. It will be moved to its permanent position on the deck at Kitty Hawk this week end. I had to try it out to see if it works properly. :eek:ccasion1
100_0669.jpg

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
The finish is 4 coats of Z-Spar Petit marine varnish lightly sanded between coats and yes, is seem to function very well.

davejones

New User
Dave
Wait!!!

There must be something wrong with that table. I see two empty chairs and two full beverages. :icon_scra

Otherwise, it's a beautiful table!

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Larry: Is that your design or from a plan? I really like it! As you know, cypress is my favorite wood.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice! The tapered legs give it an elegant look. And the individual boards on the top really promote the outdoor feeling.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Very Nice Larry.
I like the tapered legs and then the different lines for the top.
SO how is working with the cypress?

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Larry: Is that your design or from a plan? I really like it! As you know, cypress is my favorite wood.
The design is loosly based on one Norm did some time back. I think he called it a Cricket Table. I came up with the top design. If you look closely you will see that the ring is made of a double series of arcs. The arcs are connected with pocket hole screws and then the slats are let onto the top ring. Finally the bottom ring is sandwitched to the top ring. Skysharks asked about working cypress. It works great. The only draw back that I can see is that sometimes its a little too soft and is easy to ding up and is a little prone to fuzzing up.

Sandy Rose

New User
Sandy
Looks good dad. It's going to look even better in a couple of weeks when we have a few margaritas sitting on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors