Finished table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
This weekend I finished (except for a good waxing) the mahogony pedestal table started 3 weeks ago. It's mahogony with zebrawood veneer and ebony banding. I finished it with 4 coats of thinned shelac and a final coat of poly to be followed by a coat of wax after a few day of drying
100_0535.jpg

T

toolferone

Very sharp looking table. Take good high res pics for the up coming calendar contest, you have a contender there.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Larry that is one beautiful table. Great job. May I suggest you retake the picture with the table standing on a light colored surface. With the dark carpet you can make out the details of the legs.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Very nice table Larry! Probably a stupid question, but is that ebony veneer? If so, where did you find it?

Trent

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Very nice table Larry! Probably a stupid question, but is that ebony veneer? If so, where did you find it?

Trent
The ebony band is 1/4" X 1/16" and was cut from some 2"X2"X10" turning blanks that I had in stock. I think they came from Woodcraft.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
The ebony band is 1/4" X 1/16" and was cut from some 2"X2"X10" turning blanks that I had in stock. I think they came from Woodcraft.

Thanks Larry. I tried looking for some online once and didn't have much luck. It looks great! :icon_thum

Trent

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Another great looking table, Larry!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

You have to be the veneer and inlay king!!!!:notworthy::notworthy:

Tom is right. A good photo of the finished table is definitely a 2009 Calendar contender!!

Excellent Work!

Wayne

b4man

New User
Barbara
When ever I see a post from you about another table I get very excited! A little eye candy. You really make beautiful tables Larry and thanks for sharing them with us.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Very sharp Larry!

Did you do anything to the zebrawood to get the color mor like the mahogany? For some reason, I thought zebrawood was "whiter".

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Very sharp Larry!

Did you do anything to the zebrawood to get the color mor like the mahogany? For some reason, I thought zebrawood was "whiter".
Travis, I sealed the zebrawood with amber shelac which darkened it a little. Then I used Olympia Gell stain (mahogony) as a toner. It just didn't look right in its natural color after the Mahogony was stained with Minwax Early American oil stain and Mahogony Gell stain.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Travis, I sealed the zebrawood with amber shelac which darkened it a little. Then I used Olympia Gell stain (mahogony) as a toner. It just didn't look right in its natural color after the Mahogony was stained with Minwax Early American oil stain and Mahogony Gell stain.

You did an excellent job on blending the colors. I am still learning and experimenting with colors myself. I haven't tried using gels as toners, but I have used dyes as toners and like them a lot.

I knew I should have bought a few pieces of zebrawood when I was at Steve Wall.:BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors