Finished Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
This weekend I finished the wenge and lacewood table that I started last week. I used semi gloss poly on it. If any one remembers my origional post on starting it, you might notice I inverted the legs and made the connecting piece a lot smaller. I think it makes for a cleaner look. Now I've got to build another one.

Attachments

• 100_0497.jpg
    100_0497.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_0496.jpg
    100_0496.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 126

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Very cool! I like the classic and elegant design!!

How did you attach the legs?

Cheers, no make that 3 cheers
Bernhard

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Trent, the legs are cut from 1" flat stock. I don't think this stuff could be bent as it's too hard and brittle. Someone asked about how they are attached. I cut a piece of wenge into an equilateral triangle 1" on each side and about 6" long. Each leg is glued and screwed to one of rhe triangles sides and the holes plugged.

dozer

Mike
Larry another geat job:eusa_clapI need to come hang out in your shop and make some of these great tables.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Larry,

That lacewood and wenge sure looks fantastic together!:spinny:

That is one beautiful table. It's striking simplicity makes it look like a work of art.

(I just watched an episode of Woodworks where David Marks used Australian lacewood veneer that sure was pretty!)

I am sure that he tables will be treasured.

Fine Work :icon_thum

Wayne

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Pretty work! Wenge and lacewood just go together so well. Very nice work. :icon_thum

Did you simply cut the legs on the BS and clean up with sandpaper? I've had the same impression with wenge - that it is very brittle - and didn't think it would be workable with a pattern/bit on the router table.

Are the leg tops also just screwed into the top?

Chuck

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Pretty work! Wenge and lacewood just go together so well. Very nice work. :icon_thum

Did you simply cut the legs on the BS and clean up with sandpaper? I've had the same impression with wenge - that it is very brittle - and didn't think it would be workable with a pattern/bit on the router table.

Are the leg tops also just screwed into the top?

Chuck
Chuck, Yes the legs were cut out on the BS and finished shaping with rasps and spokeshaves and sanding. The top is just screwed and plugged to the legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS