finish nailer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman

New User
barry
hey guys any of you had any problems with the PC finish nailer ...i bought a combo-set brad\finish ant the local (borg) Lowes and the first time i tried to use it it miss fires not with full force just a little thump so i though it might be a safety not being released ... so i push harder and it fires .....the next nail same problem but i am pushing hard this time check the pressure running about 100psi is there a adjustment or do you think i got POS and i need to return it to PC ....... has not been very reliable and extremely frustrating :BangHead: :BangHead: you never know when it is going to fire or not

Barry

M

McRabbet

I've had this 2-nailer/compressor combination for more than 2 years and never had any problems with mine -- I did find that the longest finish nails needed at least 90 PSI to sink the head completely in hardwoods. It is important to add 1-2 drops of oil into the air fitting each session to lube the piston. If you just bought it, take it back and ask for an exchange.

Rob

pslamp32

New User
Peter
Uh oh, I bought one of these sets a couple of months ago when they were offering the rebate. Haven't even used it yet. Maybe I should! Luckily I always buy the extended warranty thingy.

T

toolferone

I have used PC nailers a long time and never had problems with them. If it is less then 30 days I would trade it out.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I too have the same set and have used it extensively for about 5 years, and not taken the best care of it (not draining the compressor, oiling the gun, like I should) :oops: :oops: They have performed flawlessly for me. You must have got one made on a Monday or Friday :eusa_doh:

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS