File Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Saw this in the most recent issue of Shopnotes, and thought I would throw one together. It only took 15 minutes with one piece of hardboard and 2 pieces of Scrape wood. I am always looking for ways to organize the shop and this protects the files from rattling together.

Doug

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Oops lost the attachment.:BangHead:

Attachments

• P1010013.jpg
    P1010013.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 192

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
DR, that's real nice. My files bang against each other in the drawer. I could use one of these. But I fear I need to make a jig (fixture?) to make those evenly spaced cuts. (Do I watch too much Norm?). I'd love to see the plan for the jig to make the cuts.

Sorry. I have too much time on my hands while my silicone glue dries.

Oh, on another note.... how's the SUCKER CYCLONE coming along. Sucking yet?

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I used no jigs. I marked the grooves at 1 inch intervals and eyeballed it on the TS. I widened a few of them for the wider files. They all have the same depth. Beginning to end not including glue drying: 15-20 minutes.

Doug

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I missed your other question. The cyclone is .....AWESOME!!!:eek:ccasion1 It isn't even that loud!

Used Cyclone from CL $590.

Extra piping...A little bit extra.

Not having to clean up every 5 minutes: Priceless!!!:icon_chee

Doug

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
(Doug Doug Doug....Jim suckered you into that one waay too easily.

Let me explain this.

The file storage drawer is a mid-range gloat. Pretty major one, since it's (a) home-made (b) for the shop (C) functional and (d) good looking. Such a gloat is good for a thread with at least 12 replies spread out over 2 days.

The cyclone is a major gloat. We're talking posting pictures over the span of several weeks, as you add duct work and blast gates. Lots of discussions on mounting strategies, blast gates, remotes, sucking the chrome off a bumper etc.

You don't "combine" gloats in a single thread. Bad form! Granted, folks like Jeremy (Woodwrangler) have to occasionally do this, but that's because they'd flood the server with posts otherwise. You on the other hand should milk each gloat to its full capacity.

Hope that clear things up. )

Now, on the important stuff - GREAT file storage. And YOU SUCK!!!!

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
First of all .....

Bas, it's good to have you back, I need the laughs:icon_thum

Second.....

Dougs gloat should be that he hijacked some of DaveO's elves. Doug, do really think that we believe that you've been getting all of this work done by yourself. Man, you're not even trying to hide it, I saw you at the Flying Saucer Mon. night so I Know you weren't working in the shop then . Will's got pictures to prove this. Come on Doug, tell us how you seduced those elves into switching sides ( oh well maybe they were just hiding in the bedframes and you made them into captives...tsk, tsk, tsk:eusa_naug)

Come on man it's time to come clean.

Jimmy:)

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Jimmy:

I had to leave work early today to hear my daughter sing in her school choir. After that I some how ended up with some weekday daylight hours in the shop. Imagine that. :eusa_whis So I knocked out to very simple projects.

Last weekend was major! My family was supposed to go away leaving me with almost 2 full days of shop time. :brave: Unfortunately everyone they were going to visit got sick.:tinysmile_cry_t4: :eusa_booh LOML still managed to provide me with LOTS of tool time and I took full advantage. :eusa_danc I RARELY get more than 2 hours of uninterupted shop time. I guess the elves were only on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS