Few Gloats & Shop Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I've tried to cut back on the gloats ... but watching all the action out here I so want to join in!:help:

So, I figured I'd share a couple of the recent additions around my shop ...

A set of the Narex chisels so many of you have, and that Fine Woodworking gave rave reviews for a while back. Now just need to sharpen them on this Worksharp thing!

Drill Press table & laser :icon_scra

Incra Miter Slider. Picked this up at the Klingspor closeout sale last weekend. Always wanted one ... such a nice safety improvement when using the miter gauge (already had that)

Couple of books that came HIGHLY recommended to me ... now I need to read them. I read about a book every three days, so give me a week!

Delta Oscillating Edge Sander. Wasn't planning on buying this, but came at the right price and just couldn't pass it up. :thumbs_up

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
OK You ROCK!!!!!!!!! Great looking additions to the shop.:notworthy::banana:

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Pretty impressive multi-gloat!! :icon_thum

The slider and sander are just way cool in my book!!

Chuck

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Gloatimus Maximus, Jeremy!:gar-La;You could have parlayed that into multiple posts/gloats for extra credit:rotflm:

You ROCK...BUNCHES

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
About 5 minutes. Extremely easy. The whole install only took 10 minutes, maybe. This is the one WC has right now for $20.
I got that one the last time they were on sale but now I can't find the alignment dowel they sent with it. No matter. All you needed to do was put a center punch or brad point in the drill chuck & dial it in. Just don't forget & leave it on overnight. DAMHIKT

bwat

New User
Bill
Very nice additions to your shop:icon_thum. I know you'll get a lot of use out of the Incra slider and that chisel set - love mine. Watch out for the sides of the Narex chisels - very sharp!

T

toolferone

I like how you just add the small edge sander in at the end! That is a pretty major piece of iron. I use my edge sander all the time, but it does not oscillate like yours does, (wanna trade?)
Nice gloat(s)!

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Kewl Tools!!!

I think it's time to knock down the back wall and E X P A N D the shop. :gar-Bi

pete

Glennbear

Glenn
Cool stuff Jeremy, my DP came with a laser and a price reduction on a similar table when I bought it and I have found both items very handy although at first I had dismissed the laser as a gimmick. Like Dennis, I would caution you to remember to shut the durn thing off when not in use. :gar-La;

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Foul!!!!

You have exceeded the "Gloats per Post" limit!!

A couple of notes on the laser-

You may find your fence obscures the beam when you raise the table up.

I often rotate my headstock to drill in a new area in the table insert (which I find easier than rotating the table on the column.) Doing so would throw off my laser. Though doing so took a little extra work, I mounted the laser to the headstock instead of the column. Works like a champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS