Festoon vac adapters to connect to the rest of the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I recently bought the new CT26 to replace my old monster shop vac + dust deputy after the motor burned up and yearly caught fire.

I am struggling with finding adapters to connect the ct26 hose to the rest of my tools. Most specifically, sawstop blade guard, assorted sanders, router table bit dust port, and even festools own accessories.

the hose has the quick turn lock but nothing accepts this and the ID is goofy. Has anyone found a good set of adapters or a way to connect this hose to a variety of tools?

thx

DanR

New User
Dan
I don't have any Festool, but I use plumbing rubber adapters to connect things that don't want to be connected. I think Lowe's has a 2" for a couple dollars, and plumbing supply stores have a bigger selection.

redknife

New User
Chris
I have had a CT 26 for years. I wonder if they changed the hose? My hose fits inside the sawstop over arm collector without adapter. It also fits my Festool/porter cable sanders and Triton router/Festool routers.I mostly use this 35 mm Bosch 5m long since it has a large diameter hose. About $39. https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-16-4-F...D=51WecWMj-zL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail It does not have the anti-static which turns out to be an annoyance.

Here is a pic connecing the hose hose to my Dewalt 790 miter:
attachment.php

Even though I depict the Bosch hose, the green Festool hose I own fits all of the above. Maybe if yours has a new fitting you could use the Bosch?
Maybe I am missing something from your situation.

ETA: I see that Festool is now using a locking end for tool connection. My hose ends are friction into the tools. One solution for you would be the Bosch hose in the link. I don’t know about adapters for the locking end.

Attachments

• 634B135F-4123-493E-818D-450702D569FB.jpg
    634B135F-4123-493E-818D-450702D569FB.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Yea, I have the locking end which I think is the issue. Even with their own accessories the seal is compromised by the channels that lock unless you really jam it on. I will check out the Bosch setup...thx

I have had a CT 26 for years. I wonder if they changed the hose? My hose fits inside the sawstop over arm collector without adapter. It also fits my Festool/porter cable sanders and Triton router/Festool routers.I mostly use this 35 mm Bosch 5m long since it has a large diameter hose. About $39. https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-16-4-F...D=51WecWMj-zL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail It does not have the anti-static which turns out to be an annoyance.

Here is a pic connecing the hose hose to my Dewalt 790 miter:
attachment.php

Even though I depict the Bosch hose, the green Festool hose I own fits all of the above. Maybe if yours has a new fitting you could use the Bosch?
Maybe I am missing something from your situation.

ETA: I see that Festool is now using a locking end for tool connection. My hose ends are friction into the tools. One solution for you would be the Bosch hose in the link. I don’t know about adapters for the locking end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors