Festool selling reconditioned tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Steve,

They are almost all gone! I spoke with a rep and down to 1 or 2 in limited categories

Alot of the tools wont populate , cuz their gone!

Good Luck!

Matt

BSHuff

New User
Brian
Interesting method to sell them, they have them listed on the website, but you have to go to a dealer to have them order it for you from Festool? I might have pulled a trigger on a new sander if I could just whip out my credit card, but the process removes much of the benefit, and I wonder if my 'dealers' will not what the deal is, how to order, etc, etc.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Interesting method to sell them, they have them listed on the website, but you have to go to a dealer to have them order it for you from Festool? I might have pulled a trigger on a new sander if I could just whip out my credit card, but the process removes much of the benefit, and I wonder if my 'dealers' will not what the deal is, how to order, etc, etc.

Well......now that you mentioned it; I ordered a LS 130 Linear Sander at the 20% disc price,

From UnNamed Festool Dealer, over the telly, they took my order, with CC info, email, name of first born, tatts, and said the product will be Drop Shipped from Festool in Indiana? cant remember which state.

I received no email confirm of order, etc.....

We'll see If I get dinged, @$280 and no product.

Will keep informed. Not the way I typically like to spend money :eusa_thin

Talk about being the Proverbial Canary in the Festool/NCWW mine!

Honestly, the things I do to sniff out a deal :gar-La;

M

BSHuff

New User
Brian
Why...oh WHY did you post this. The CC is a little lighter if the order goes in when the order 'opens' on Feb 1st.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Why...oh WHY did you post this. The CC is a little lighter if the order goes in when the order 'opens' on Feb 1st.

Not sure the nature of message being conveyed. I want this tool, if I don't get,,but am charged,

I just challenge with my CC company. :dontknow:.

I just don't like not seeing written confirmation of my order, just in case of order taker error.

Thanks,
Matt

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member

I am hoping to run their inventory out before I succumb to temptation :rotflm:

There are a few items I want and am planning on buying from Klingspor or Woodcraft when the time comes as I intend to try them out abit and get them to show me how they work before I make my decision. Plus I want the full warranty in effect when I buy them, otherwise I probably would have bought something.

BSHuff

New User
Brian
The dealer I talked to said it was almost like a lottery, he was planning on submitting his order at 12:00:01 on Feb 1 to hopefully get it. If he does great, he was not charging till after he got his order confirmation.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
The dealer I talked to said it was almost like a lottery, he was planning on submitting his order at 12:00:01 on Feb 1 to hopefully get it. If he does great, he was not charging till after he got his order confirmation.

Ok Brian,

Need to back up a bit.

I thought my order was placed at time taken. Based on what is/was available at time order taken.

What's this about "lottery" and Midnight orders?

The Festool Dealer I spoke to, did not mention any of this to me. :confused_

Spill what you know or been told...please. For the groups sake. :icon_thum

M

BSHuff

New User
Brian
I spent about 15 min discussing with Tom, a dealer from Texas. What he told me, it says at the top of the page on the Festool page, that this was an offer for February. The info that was sent to the dealers said that it was first come first served starting Feb 1. So at this time the dealers are just posturing their order lists. Once the calendar flips to Feb, they are going to melt down the festool order system with orders it seems. [SIZE=-1]The deal was free shipping drop shipped from Festool warehouse. It looks like they didn't announce this too well, as there are a lot of questions about the deal.

So that you didn't get a confirmation probably means that the dealer took the order and is sitting on it till the 1st.

There is more info on the festool owners group site under the Sales & dealer info area.
[/SIZE]

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
Hrmm, Hope they are taking time zone into effect and know which time zone the Festool ordering system is located in and adjust themselves accordingly.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
I spent about 15 min discussing with Tom, a dealer from Texas. What he told me, it says at the top of the page on the Festool page, that this was an offer for February. The info that was sent to the dealers said that it was first come first served starting Feb 1. So at this time the dealers are just posturing their order lists. Once the calendar flips to Feb, they are going to melt down the festool order system with orders it seems. [SIZE=-1]The deal was free shipping drop shipped from Festool warehouse. It looks like they didn't announce this too well, as there are a lot of questions about the deal.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]So that you didn't get a confirmation probably means that the dealer took the order and is sitting on it till the 1st. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]There is more info on the festool owners group site under the Sales & dealer info area. [/SIZE]

Brian,

Thanks for taking the time to call TX and for the write-up.

Yes, this certainly could have been organized better. FUBAR in slo-mo.

Well at least my CC won't get Dinged til Feb, if at all.

Thanks again.

Matt

BSHuff

New User
Brian
Festool-claus stopped by my house last night with 3 big festool boxes...

A TS75 saw and a ETS150/3 sander from this deal. I got the 20% off tools which were supposed to be the worst condition ones, and I could not tell any difference from new with the exception of what would be typical of one use of the tool, a little saw dust/etc, all the accessories looked new/replaced.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Festool-claus stopped by my house last night with 3 big festool boxes...

A TS75 saw and a ETS150/3 sander from this deal. I got the 20% off tools which were supposed to be the worst condition ones, and I could not tell any difference from new with the exception of what would be typical of one use of the tool, a little saw dust/etc, all the accessories looked new/replaced.

Brian, That's good to hear, stuff is good (20%) Im still waiting for some kind of written confirmation of shipping.

My Dealer charged me, but item still has not arrived, and I have not heard from him re: Shipping!

Not the way I like to do business at all! :nah:

decibel

New User
Patrick
My gloatage from yesteday was the 20% off variety as well and the only thing I noticed was the vac had al ittle dust on it but no scratches or anything of that nature. Very pleased with mine as well.

Matt, maybe you should call your dealer and be the "bugaboo". I was nervous on mine as well but got shipping confirmation last Friday. I'm pretty happy so far. Now where did my wallet go:dontknow:

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
My gloatage from yesteday was the 20% off variety as well and the only thing I noticed was the vac had al ittle dust on it but no scratches or anything of that nature. Very pleased with mine as well.

Friday. I'm pretty Matt, maybe you should call your dealer and be the "bugaboo". I was nervous on mine as well but got shipping confirmation last happy so far. Now where did my wallet go:dontknow:

Patrick,

Not necessary, I vote with my wallet. They just lost out on @ 2 thousand of my upcoming Festool Votes.

No recounts, no hanging chads, just no votes

M

decibel

New User
Patrick
I hear ya Matt. Can you do some festool voting for me :) I might take another stab and grabbing one more 20% off item hopefully I'll have good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS