FESTOOL Sander - THIS IS VERY STRANGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I know many of us are still waiting on our Festool sanders since last Fall. The last I heard from Tool Nut, March 23rd, mine is scheduled to ship today, March 31, but I have not rec'd a confirm that it has in fact been shipped. After reading about it on another website I checked with Ace Tool Online. They have them in stock and ready for immediate delivery at $99.00 with free shipping. I contacted them and the girl confirmed they have them in stock. What to do?

Something is not Kosher.

https://www.acetoolonline.com/Festool-201234-ETS-125-REQ-Random-Orbital-Sander-p/fes-201234.htm

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
If it was me, I would order from Ace Hardware and cancel the order with ToolNut.

Does the Festool have a unique hole pattern for for dust collection? I have a bunch of 8-hole paper and would hate to not be able to use it if I decided to get this Festool sander.

Lowlander

New User
Chris
I saw the same thing Scott on acetool website Tuesday and was about to cancel my order through toolnut. Then I checked my email and received an email from toolnut saying the sander shipped. What timing! My Sanders are supposed to arrive today.

jrfuda

New User
John
...Does the Festool have a unique hole pattern for for dust collection? I have a bunch of 8-hole paper and would hate to not be able to use it if I decided to get this Festool sander.
I use Klingspor's paper with the one festool sander I have, and the hole match, no issues.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes, Klingspor has a line of paper made specifically for Festool sanders. It is much cheaper than the Festool brand and works just as well in my opinion. I buy all my sand paper from them nowadays.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
It's "AceTool" not Ace Hardware. Just ordered and will get it Monday....almost as good as Amazon. Thanks for posting, I thought I had missed out on this deal.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
The acetool website won't let me order one. There is no way to add it to the shopping cart.

I've seen several other websites that state that Festool has asked all dealers to suspend sales of this sander due to overwhelming demand.
Wonder what is going on?

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I noticed that there was no way to order except by phone. Waiting to see if those who did that actually receive what they ordered and how soon.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Update.... I rec'd shipping confirmation that my sander was shipped from Tool Nut. YIPEE!!!! Should have it early next week. From everything I have read on the internet (we all know everything on the internet is true) the general theme is that Festool has been making small drop shipments to distributers and leaving it to the suppliers to handle the customer distribution any way they want. My guess is Acetool may have had stock only because they had cancellations after the order was placed.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
The new $99 sander (I was fortunate to get mine in the first wave) is an excellent finish sander. As a 5" sander it does require paper for their pattern, so 8-hole paper for a Porter Cable or others small ROS' may not work optimally. As Ken pointed out above, Klingspor make Festool-compatible paper and it is less than half the cost of the Festool offerings. I have both the 6" ETS-150/5 and the new Pro 5 LTD and love them both. Used them today on some White Oak and started applying my finish.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
You are all going to like this sander. It does a great job. I also use the Klingspor sandpaper exclusively with my Festool sanders

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Pretty much all I use is Klingspor sandpaper. Better than any others I have used. Their bargain boxes are a great value. Heavy duty, long lasting...

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
???? Did you hurt your arm?

LOL!
No, nothing that serious. But recognizing that I am about to change my status and become 'one of those' (only 2 kinds of WWers - those who own Festools and those who will...) I wanted to savor the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS