festool Kapex

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Well I sold my Hitachi miter box and have been using the Kapex for the last couple of days. Truth be known, I am not sure that I am going to like the Festool as much as my old saw. Might just be a matter of getting used to it. I sure hope so or I will be buying my old saw back (sold it to a friend of mine). Perfect example of more expensive is not necessarily better.

Michael S.

New User
Mike
That's really interesting... I too have been tempted by the Kapex... Once you've used it for a few weeks, I'd be really interested to hear your feelings on it.

Thanks!

Mike

magellan44

New User
magellan44
hi Dino,

I was leery of the Kapex when I mounted it up. I was using a 12 inch Dewalt and thought about putting it back in place but once I got to use the Kapex for a few weeks I'm pretty satisfied. I thought about selling the Dewalt but I think I'll keep it for out of shop jobs.....I offered it to a buddy for free for helping me pour my driveway but he thought it was too generous and refused me. We help each other out pretty often and I thought it was a nice thing to do but he wouldn't take it. So I'll keep if for other jobs. You'll like the Kapex. Maybe I'll see you in a few weeks, I might be down for some golf if the weather holds...

take care
Ben

Jay Brewer

New User
Jay
What is it that you dont like about it?

I got mine when they first came out. The vertical grip took some getting used to, after a few weeks it felt natural.

On a side note, work slowed down for me and I sold it:gar-Cr. I still had my trusty 15 year old Dewalt 12" non slider. As luck would have it, I started getting a lot of trim jobs. I decided to get the Milwaukee 12" sliding miter saw. It was a huge disappointment after owning the Kapex. I sold it to a contractor I do some work for after owning it for 3 days.

To make a long story short, there was a new Kapex delivered to my door today. I really missed that saw. I got spoiled with the accuracy and light weight.

Give it some time, I think you will grow to love that saw.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Dino,

I've got a very nice Makita 10" slider. I'm sure you'd love it and, if you act quickly before I change my mind, I suppose I'd be willing to trade you straight up for the Kapex....

Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors