Festool Domino 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to have a class on how to use the Festool 500 domino joiner. I am willing to pay someone to come to my shop or take the darn thing to someone's shop.

I purchased the tool about seven years ago and the instruction manual is terrible. It has some many adjustments that are not explained in the manual.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
You might also check with Rick Dinardo at the Moulding Source - see his banner ad above as it rotates through the cycle. He specializes in Festool Equipment and often has demos put on by Festool to educate users. He might be able to work something out for you.

Donna Wynne

New User
Donna
I've had my Festool 500 Domino about a year. I learned to use mine watching practically every Youtube video I could find, including the official Festool instruction video, which I thought was excellent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD2QxrwuvJk Of course watching is only the beginning. You'll learn best when you actually practice joining boards using it.

I began in the simplest mode -- flat glued-up boards using dominoes where I formerly would use biscuits. After I got the hang of that using different sizes and depths, I started making some shop boxes and drawers out of scraps, and then made some shop cabinets using dominoes instead of rabbets and dadoes. Pretty soon, I was thoroughly hooked and began using dominoes here, there, and everywhere just because I could -- and I loved it when things fit together flush and neat.

Taking a class like something Gregory Paolini teaches would be the best, but with the wealth of videos on Youtube, you should be able to master the rudiments pretty quickly and start enjoying your Festool Domino.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Don't bother with the videos, they are just going to waste your time. I'll gladly take that crappy domino off your hands. :) Just kidding, I think the YouTube videos are a great suggestion and much, much cheaper than taking a class. Good luck!

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
I have had my Domino for several years and have used it on quite a few projects; that said, every time I use it I have to take a few minutes to reacquaint myself. Most of my issues have to do with the tool's metric setup and my "inches" mind. It is a wonderful tool and once you wrap your mind around it, it is "easy" to use.

Hey Larry,

If you get up my way you're more than welcome to come by the shop for some free labo...um..I mean a free class. After a day of making face frames you'll be a Domino wiz! We use it where we once used pocket screws. A quick M/T with it, shoot a 23g pin to hold it until the glue sets, and its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS