Festool CT26 bag change frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Festool owners, how often are you having to change the bags in the CT26? Just wondering how effective the self cleaning is and if you can actually empty the bags or do you trash them once full?

thx

joec

joe
User
I felt that would be a huge pain, so I added to Oneida dust deputy to mine and have not looked at the bag in several years.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a CT-22 and I think I finally changed the bag out 6 or 8 months ago (after a couple years of intermittent use.) Should last another couple years or more since I added one of these.

http://www.oneida-air.com/inventoryD.asp?item_no=AXD000009&CatId={428A1AFA-E859-459E-8BF9-47817428D9AF}

I can't stack systainers on top of the vac anymore but almost all of the dust ends up in the top container.

redknife

New User
Chris
Every 3-6 mo. I have been tossing the bag. It's easy to look and assess which I'll do periodically. I have found that the suction is good until the bag is full. For instance, one time I noticed the suction was down and the bag was full to the hole. Since then I check here and there. Only exception to this is when I wind up doing drywall sanding work. That seems to clog up the bag and filter before they otherwise would need replacement. Yes,they have a separate machine for that but I don't do enough drywall sanding to justify the extra machine.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Thx folks. I have a dust deputy (clear one) and have read where static buildup has zapped the CT electronics / motor for some folks...I am trying to get by without the deputy by using a better vac.

hockey1

New User
Jesse
The dust deputy works so well it causes me to not inspect my vacuums near as much as I should. On occasion I've had holes open up in the CT26 bag where the bag fabric and cardboard port fitting join. On average I've been getting 2-3 years of life out of each disposable bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS