Festool Annual Reconditioned Equipment Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
The closest thing Festool has to a sale. They're offering their annual reconditioned equipment sale. 10, 20, or 30% off new prices.

Details and a list of what's available is here.

http://festoolusa.com/power-tools/reconditioned/

You need to contact an authorized dealer and order through them though it will be shipped from Festool to your door.

I picked up a very nice Vacuum last year for 30% off. Ordered it by calling The Woodworking Source if I recall correctly.

- Ken.

Shayne

New User
Shayne
Anyone have experience with their reconditioned tools? I would assume they should be fine being their tools are such high quality to begin with but I'm usually hesitant when I see the word 'reconditioned'

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Anyone have experience with their reconditioned tools? I would assume they should be fine being their tools are such high quality to begin with but I'm usually hesitant when I see the word 'reconditioned'

To answer a question with a question: have you had any bad experiences with reconditioned tools?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I buy reconditioned in preference to new tools. Look at it this way. In a new tool run QC might inspect 1 in 10 or 1 in 100 of them. Reconditioned tools are inspected 100%, re-aligned to factory specs and generally in better shape than new. Might be some cosmetic issues, but I'm a tool user not a tool collector.

Sometimes the warranty isn't as long.

But do you really even need a warranty on a Festool.

batk30msu

New User
brent
I also have a garage full of reconditioned tools. I think like Ken. Also, it often allows for an upgrade in performance at the same price.

I have had trouble with the batteries that come with reconditioned tools though so I stick to reconditioned tools with cords only. I purchased a bosch drill from CPO and the Li-ion batteries did not last but one year before not charging. The drill is still running great but the price of a new battery was comparable to the price for the reconditioned drill.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
CPO is one of my goto places for reconditioned tools but I'd also probably stay away from batteries or tools with batteries. Got my DeWalt 12" slider from them for a bargain reconditioned. Works like new.

If I didn't already have that I'd be tempted to pick up one of the Festool Kapex saws at 20% off.

thsb

New User
Tim
I bought a reconditioned vacuum from Festool last year. absolutely no problems.

My one year kapex saw, however, has a slightly bent fence and I think i am going to have them replace it. They offered but i took it off and put it back on and it is so close i am not sure if I am nitpicking at this point.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
:rotflm::rotflm: Their tools are GREAT but NOT platinum plated and they do not run themselves. Two De Walts are cheaper and they run longer than one Festool

batk30msu

New User
brent
30% off and its still 100% higher than its worth! Dont drink the koolaid kids!

I am curious to know if you own any Festool products as you rarely hear owners have regrets.

I don't own any because they are priced so high but I also feel like 99% of my experience with power tools has been textbook "you get what you pay for."

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hoping this thread doesn't degenerate into a "Festool is too expensive / no it's worth every penny" argument that will have to be moderated. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I've said before that I've always agonized over the price but never regretted the purchase. I own several Festools purchased both reconditioned and new.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Shouldnt that really be what this website is for ? to discuss things like that? For others to objectively decide whether or not they should do something or how to do it?. For instance, Youll NEVER sell me the idea a festool 2200 plunge router is worth $850!!! or a Kapex miter slide saw is WORTH $1375... Give me a break. I do however like their plunge cut saw. I have not used one nor owned one , but I have heard many good things about them, sure it seems a little pricey, but not as slanted as the 2 items mentioned above.

Hoping this thread doesn't degenerate into a "Festool is too expensive / no it's worth every penny" argument that will have to be moderated. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I've said before that I've always agonized over the price but never regretted the purchase. I own several Festools purchased both reconditioned and new.

thsb

New User
Tim
I am not a big car/truck person but it seems analagous to the Festool debate.

A lot of people pay significant money for higher end cars like Lexus that run more quietly, have better acceleration, and other nice features that ultimately just get you from point A to point B in a more comfortable and pleasurable way. But this is woodworking and the extra elements are not only 'nice to have' but can help do things more quickly and more healthily because of the dust collection.

I think there is an efficiency that makes Festools not a bargain, but a very fair deal.

and to get back to the thread, getting a significant discount when they don't normally happen is very nice.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I know some people hate the car analogy, but I think it is pretty good. I have several Festool items. I have bought some new and some used. Are they "worth the money"? I would say they probably aren't because you can still get the work done without them and I am just a hobbyist. Am I glad that I bought them? Yes. Would I buy them again if I went back in time and had to make the choice again? Yes I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS