Fayetteville Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjack

New User
jack
Hello all. I have been a lurker here for about 2 yrs, so some of you I know already. I've had this itch for awhile but I always put it off. Not anymore. No more excuses, I'll just have to find a way to make it happen. So I'm slowly buying a few things to put a small shop together. I also know that most if not all of my questions will be kindergarden questions to most of you but this is a very understanding site. It's great to finally sign on here.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Glad you decided to come out of the woodwork, errrr into the woodwork :icon_thum
And I'm sure we can all learn from your queries!

Roger

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Woodworking is like a haircut..once you've made that first cut, no matter how good or bad, there is no turning back. :icon_thum

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hello Jack,

Welcome to our pile-o-sawdust. Always good to have another woodworker join in the fun. You'll find we all learn from one another and inspire one another here, so there's no real 'new kid' ... just folks who joined the forum at different times.

Don't forget... we do love photos here.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Jack, I am glad you finally joined us. Lurking is fun but playing along is more fun. I look forward to your input in the forums.
See you around!!!

Dave:)

sjack

New User
jack
Thanks for the welcome. By the way Bigdog72 what did you say? Just trying to get your post count to an even 1k:gar-Bi

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Jack. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I'm glad you came out of the shadows. Don't worry about asking questions. When I first joined here, all I asked were kindergarten questions and everyone here is happy to help. Now I think I'm up to 3'rd grade. :rotflm:

Anyway, it's great to have you here. :eek:ccasion1

Dragon

New User
David
Kindergarten questions? See wood? Wood GOOD! Cut wood, get sawdust. Sawdust GOOD! Okay, class dismissed now git to cuttin'!!:rotflm:
Welcome to being out of the shadows and into the shop.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Hey hey another Fayetteville woodworker. Welcome, glad you came in from the cold.
I live in Fayetteville too. Looking forward to your input to the forums.

MAC

gdc

New User
gilbert
welcome!! heres a short list of things you will say ( as I do when I read through the threads)

whoa? really you can do that?
wow that was using your head. I gotta try that
hmmm I didn't know that
Holy cow these people are smart
who'd a thunk it
ooohhhhh I want one

and as you settle into your workshop and get to cutting you will here lots of curse words that I have no idea how to spell.

Have lots of I need something to do time

M

McRabbet

Welcome to our virtual sawdust pile, Jack. Gave you joined to make big pieces smaller -- 'tis a sweet smell, isn't it!

richlife

New User
Rich
Kindergarten questions? See wood? Wood GOOD! Cut wood, get sawdust. Sawdust GOOD! Okay, class dismissed now git to cuttin'!!:rotflm:
Welcome to being out of the shadows and into the shop.

Dragon top dog. Make good sense.

Welcome, Jack. You are gonna love this place.

Love it or hate it, Dragon pretty much said it. Don't need much for tools -- in a pinch a knife will do. Don't have to spend a lot. Some good options at the Habitat for Humanity Home Stores. Or maybe you're one who can only get from paycheck to paycheck by buying new tools. Have at it and let us know how it's going. Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS