Fat Max Xtreme Fubar

Status
Not open for further replies.

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
77303f5f5cf05aad8c4f5b0c477895e0.JPG

This is the monster Stanley 55-099 Fat Max Xtreme Fubar. Being a recent addition to my hammer arsenal, I am still putting it through its paces. It is the big brother to the Stanley 55-119 Fubar, which I have had for a few years. It is bigger, meaner, and much heavier at 4.5 pounds. It adds the claw type nail puller, similar to a regular hammer, which allows more versatility for pulling fasteners. The grip is identical to the 55-119, which I love: Great contour, no slip, and a great feel. This was designed for mayhem and destruction! It will tear through drywall and thin plywood with no problems. It provides a ton leverage for nail pulling, prying, and bending boards. Using it in conjunction with other hammers is very convenient. If there is a joist or stud that is twisted or warped, just grab it with the jaws, twist and turn to get it in position, and nail the now straight board with your other hammer.
What would I change? The face of the hammer is too small and too smooth. A hammer like this deserves a large, deep grooved, waffle face. My hammer strikes kept getting deflected by the smooth, polished, beveled face that is actually the same size as the smaller Fubar. The majority of the weight is in the head (obviously, I mean, look at this thing…), and it can make an accurate aim a challenge. For some reason, I have a more difficult time switching from one hammer to this one, then to other hammers. Granted, this is made for demolition, but sometimes the user needs a more precise hit. Hopefully with practice, this will improve.
Overall, this is a great Fubar! Knowing how and when to use this will make life much easier, and jobs faster. It is too heavy for my tool belt, but it is still with me for those “special” jobs.

Questions/Comments: projectwoodworks@gmail.com
Product Link: http://www.stanleytools.com/default.asp?CATEGORY=XTREME&TYPE=PRODUCT&PARTNUMBER=55-099&SDesc=FatMax%26%23174%3B+Xtreme%26%238482%3B+FuBar%26%238482%3B+Utility+Bar+%2D+18%22

decibel

New User
Patrick
Thanks for the review. Seeing you are putting some good reviews of some demolition tools I don't think I want to get on your bad side :gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS