Farkleberry

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I don’t make these things up. The Apple tree app says I have this growing and it is a weed IMHO. One tree(?) is about 12” at the base. Anybody ever try turning this?
image.jpg

image.jpg

Mixed in with some persimmon which I want to have more space.

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
I bet there is a nice bowl hiding in this section. You can call it the "Farklebowl".

1690485033385.png

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Found where it is used for short handles and utensils. Hhhummm. And growing in with the persimmon. Go figure.

Also realized I have multiple persimmons mixed in with water, red, and white oak. Of course water oak is red oak.

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
I find fruit woods to often be the most beautiful to turn. They have such great coloring, variation, etc in the wood that I would say it is almost always worth turning or keeping the wood. If you are taking it down and do not want to turn I volunteer my services to turn it on your behalf.

emichael

eric
User
I turned my carver's mallet from farkleberry 29 years ago. Hard, heavy, and very fine grained, it turned beautifully, but developed a crack within the first month. The crack aside, it has held up better than I have and will undoubtedly outlast me.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors