Fall WNC Picnic UPDATE

Can you attend this event? If so, how many will come with you?

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Perhaps another date (write in)

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Okay, all you ridge-runners out west, I got us a place for a picnic. It's the Dogwood shelter at the James Crowe Memorial Park, 292 Cherry Mountain Rd., Forest City.[STRIKE]Callison Recreation Center on Clay Street in Forest City.[/STRIKE] Date is 10/1 from 10 AM - 3 PM. This isn't planned to be as 'formal' an event as the Spring Picnic, just a get together. Covered dish style, and we'll have a signup sheet for who can bring what later on. C'mon, folks, let's see if we can get together and put some faces with the names we've been seeing here.
The Rec center is a full service park, so bring the littl'uns too!

NCWW Board of Directors has agreed to provide hamburgers, hot dogs, and buns for this event. I will be starting another thread for food signup soon.

Note the location of the picnic

Last edited by a moderator:

cpw

New User
Charles
Re: Fall WNC Picnic

Hmmm. I'll have to talk to LOML about that. Callison Rec Center is practically right in our back yard. We were thinking about going to WIA in Louisville, but honestly I think the picnic might be more fun. I guess it will be up to her, after all, it's her birthday.:new_birth

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member

Same day as Cotton Gin Festival in Dallas, but I'd rather get together with woodworker friends, so I'll be there. Wife will come too, if she doesn't hafta work.:dontknow:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy

May be a nice get away for my precious bride and I. I will have to see how it works out. We love the mountains:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Never been to Forest City. Sounds like a great reason to come visit.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member

Gonna put it on calendar and try to be there..thanks:eek:ccasion1

sapwood

New User
Roger

Very interesting :eusa_thin
My family occasionally holds reunions there :)

Roger

cskipper

Cathy

The picnic is actually in the Dogwood shelter at James Crowe Memorial Park, 292 Cherry Mountain Rd., Forest City.

I was going to print directions, but there are so many directions that folks can take to get to Forest City that it might be easier for everybody to find their own with Mapquest, Google maps, GPS's... I will say that Forest City can be reached via US 221, Hwy 74, Hwy 64, from i-85, I-26 and I-77. Ultimately they all get you to town and to Cherry Mountain St. It does seem like you must have passed the entrance to the park when on Cherry Mountain St. The entrance is a couple of miles down the road and kind of sneaks up on you. There is a really large sign at the entrance. Drive up to the top of the hill and then turn left. (I think it's a turn and not a curve). The shelters and facilities are on the top of the hill.

Best guestimate of approximate travel times are:
Greensboro, 2 1/2 hours - 3 hours
Statesville - 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours
Hickory - 1 to 1 1/2 hours
Asheville - a little over an hour
Charlotte - if you can use I-485 to avoid most of the chaos, probably an hour to 1-1/2 hours.

Let me know if I can provide any more information.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy

We will be there. Might even bring the live in MIL That spelled out is mother in law. :rotflm:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member

We'll be glad to see you and your MIL there, but you gotta take her back. :gar-La;

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
NCWW Board of Directors has agreed to provide hamburgers, hot dogs, and buns for this event. Watch for another Thread for food signups.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS