Fall Get Together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Steve sprang for the spring get together,so now are WE going to do a fall get together? Start looking at your calenders and see what works. Weather is usually comfortable by second/third weekend in Sept. Accommadations a Jordon lake were good and convienent (15 min. from house). WE need to spring for shelter rent/ food. Locals here could possibly do cooking (pig, chicken, fish, etc) This would save out of towners from having to get up early and fix something plus drive 2-4 hour each way. Would we do reservations with your check being your reservation, or honor system of pay as you go? What about that dreaded "R" word. Bruce Wrenn

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Bruce, I am up for it where ever it might be. My suggestion following the Spring Fling was to hold one toward the western part of the state maybe in conjunction with the Klingspore Extravaganza that normally falls in the Oct time frame IIRC.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I'm always game. I like D L's suggestion, it's time for easterners to travel to a gathering.

Dave:)

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
I have been looking forward to going WEST and DL's Suggestion would be fine with me. I will bring whatever is needed. Let's roll! Terry:eusa_danc :lol:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I bet we end up having more easterners traveling west for a gathering than we had westerners traveling east.

What did I just say and what did it mean:oops:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
SteveColes said:
I bet we end up having more easterners traveling west for a gathering than we had westerners traveling east.

What did I just say and what did it mean:oops:

I think you just called the Westerners slackers.:rolf:

D L

DavidF

New User
David
Only problem I see with this is getting wives/girlfriends etc to go. I can't see Carol trolling around the wood show just to go to the gathering - not that she didn't love the spring fling! but it really isn't her "cup of tea"

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
DavidF said:
Only problem I see with this is getting wives/girlfriends etc to go. I can't see Carol trolling around the wood show just to go to the gathering - not that she didn't love the spring fling! but it really isn't her "cup of tea"

David, just have Carol drop you off at the show (with the checkbook :lol: ) and let her run off to look through all the furniture stores in the area to get ideas for some new projects for you.

D L

DavidF

New User
David
D L Ames said:
David, just have Carol drop you off at the show (with the checkbook :lol: ) and let her run off to look through all the furniture stores in the area to get ideas for some new projects for you.

D L

Maybe, maybe, but from what I've heard the furniture in most of the shops down there is not particulary mordern and still in that "period for the modern home" style. Anyway, I have enough projects lined up to last at least another year or so:roll:

R

rickc

junquecol said:
Accommadations a Jordon lake were good and convienent (15 min. from house). ---- Would we do reservations with your check being your reservation, or honor system of pay as you go? What about that dreaded "R" word. Bruce Wrenn

I like the Jordan Lake idea as well, for several reasons. For spouses, family members, significant (and even INsignificant others) - there would be a chance to stretch their legs, perhaps do something else if as was mentioned earlier - sitting and listening to a bunch of woodguys talk "shop" was not their thing!

Also, the idea of check = reservation is solid, but we should remain somewhat flexible to handle special situations. As there will ALWAYS be some! :)

cskipper

Cathy
Boy, I could have sworn that Monty volunteered to host the fall gathering since he missed the spring picnic. I tried to find that but can't - but I'm just sure that's what he said!

dick541

New User
dick cunningham
If you want to come to Jorden Lake I can help make the arangments with the park, LOML and I have an inside connection with them. All we need is date and rought number of guests. The spouses and others can go the beach. I can get one of several different size covered shelters Depending on how many guests. If the date is before the end of September and a few ( up to 8 wants to go out on a pontoon boat I can get one or up the 4 from the marina.

dick541

Last edited:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Before we get carried away, why not let the westerners make their proposal. I have a sneaking suspicion that even if they are in the boonies, they have parks with picnic areas some that even take reservations:lol:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
SteveColes said:
Before we get carried away, why not let the westerners make their proposal. I have a sneaking suspicion that even if they are in the boonies, they have parks with picnic areas some that even take reservations:lol:
:eusa_clapThat bunch of loly-gaggers had forgotten about hosting Fall Get Together. Main reason for post was to jump start idea. Due to HEAVY involvement with State Fair, Oct. doesn't work for me personally. Actually Jordon Lake is in almost center of state. It's about the same distance to Murphy as it is to Manteo. We here in the triangle refer to ourselves as easterners, when in fact we are centralist. We could make a weekend of it with local members hosting a out of town family for Sat. nite.

Travis

New User
Travis
East or West it does not matter to me. I am definantly there just to meet you experts. If it is in the west, I am more than happy to bring my two webber kettles and barbcue some yard birds. CAUTION: if you do not control yourself, you can beat your brains out from your tongue slapping the roof of your mouth. :tongue1:

woodguy1975

New User
John
I guess there won't be a 3rd annual WG gathering during the extravaganza. :-( I'm cool with moving the location as I won't be able to host this year anyways. I'll be running school demonstrations all day on Saturday and maybe Friday. For anyone who went to the CLT show it will be similar to their "Ask the Experts". It was a fun tradition for me, but I think the park thing would definitely be better for spouses and families.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS