Facebook page?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Screen Shot 2023-10-09 at 1.24.30 PM.png

Floyd Hall

New User
Floyd
Maybe. I used to post photos of old Art Deco and Art Nouveau furniture and woodwork, cool boats, etc., because of the design elements. Maybe they thought that was off-topic. Don’t know. Was never told not to do it and it got a lot of likes. Oh well.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Floyd please try again. I fat fingered the wrong button when your post about soccer was removed last week.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Nope. They are still there.
North Carolina Woodworker is ours. Not real active.
North Carolina Woodworkers is not. Very active.
NC Woodworker is a Facebook page.
NC Woodworkers is a Facebook group.
Both are the property of NCWW and are under the purview of the board.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
NC Woodworker is a Facebook page.
NC Woodworkers is a Facebook group.
Both are the property of NCWW and are under the purview of the board.
Why does NCWW have two Facebook pages? Can be confusing.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
There is a FB group where anyone can ask questions about anything but should be woodworking, and everyone can reply. That is the one most of you on Facebook know and have seen. This one is very active and should be drawing people into the .net forums here.

Then there is the FB page where only (apparently) Greywolf, president of NCWW can post.
The page is for announcements and promotional posts about NCWW (the web portal that is here). This is the one I think should be more active. However, now that I know only one person can post I see why it is not used much. No posts since last year until 5 days ago.

Neither of those are directly connected to www.ncwoodworker.net except through the few people who are active on both.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Why does NCWW have two Facebook pages? Can be confusing.
One is a business page for information about the NCWW web forum. One is a Facebook group that has 13,600 members. We regularly remind the group about our relationship with NCWW, share NCWW events, and every new member is informed about it when joining. Some folks don't want to have anything to do with Facebook and some want all their special interests in one place.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors