Eyebolts to hang a Jet AFS-1000B Air Filter

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
No sir. I did want to say good to see you're setting up shop!!

Last edited:

Westpacx3

Jim
Corporate Member
I can check but my Wen is hanging from 3/16 or 1/4 about 1.5 inchws into the wood and a chain

I used a hook since I was hanging it by myself and had to go hook to hook raising the chain link by link to get it level. I started with it sitting on top of a 10 ft ladder. They don't weigh much and there is not real stress on them

Attachments

• 20230804_135246.jpg
    20230804_135246.jpg
    890.1 KB · Views: 25

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Does anyone know what size eyebolt is needed to hang this air filter?
I have a Powermatic hanging in my shop - but since I bought it used I have no idea whether the Jet & Powermatic were cousins yet. I could take it down, remove the threaded eye bolts, take to hardware store and determine the size, but I am really not offering to do that, sorry Doug. If I need the same info I might consider taking the tool to a hardware store and fitting it there - or buy a range of sizes and threads and test which ones fit.

Or, wait I have a better idea - ask on NCWW 'cuz there are a bunch of knowledgeable resourceful folks on there who know all kinds of stuff (but I am not one of them - in this case at least).

Glad you're back to shop re-assembly though! Love seeing your progress posts.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
This is how I hung my JDS air cleaner. My ceiling is 3/4" OBS so finding studs was not critical. It's worked for 12+ years. I hope it helps.

1709409900248.png

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Tensile strength on a 1/4" bolt is a couple thousand psi, IIRC. Given an open eye bolt I'd conservatively figure 1/2 that and still figure a good margin of safety. I'm too lazy to work it out right now. However, if you have four supporting eye bolts...you get the picture.

Not sure why we want to wait for the dust to get up to towards the ceiling to try to capture it. My next one will be at the work level.

I'm expecting there will be an enabler in my raffle winnings. Mic drop.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors