Excellent Fluorescent Lighting Ballasts < $21

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
I went from hanging four foot dual tube 'shop lights' to mounting eight foot dual tube fluorescent fixtures some years ago (got a good deal on several used units). only to discover that the BALLASTS are not CHEAP. Lady Luck, bless her heart, led me to a gas station under renovation and I got all the aluminum frame parts from the thirty-odd foot refrigerated beverage display they were replacing.

Hidden within almost all the vertical frame sections were these Fulham Electronic Ballast replacements - designed to work while refrigerated! I think there were seven or eight of them - and I used them all. It turned out they could be wired to work with a variety of 'bulbs' and configurations - including my eight footers.

Over the years I found myself using up this this stash until (April of) last year when I had to buy a new one from Home Depot for close to thirty dollars (least expensive option I could find at the time).

Today, my email contained the following from CamelCamelCamel:
The price has dropped and this product is in stock at Amazon.
Fulham Lighting WH5-120-L Workhorse 5 Adaptable Electronic Fluorescent Lamp Ballast
$20.90 +S&H
Price when tracked (Apr 16, 2023, PDT):
$35.90
Desired price:
$25.00
Only 4 left in stock - order soon.​
Info up-to-date as of Feb 20, 2024 12:14 AM, PST​

Now, a while back someone was selling eight-foot fixtures on here - so he might be interested in this deal.

As well, I thought several others might have made their shop operating room bright and cheerful as I had mine and appreciate the value of this deal. Especially if they have a hoard of eight foot tubes all bought and paid for in anticipation of, perish the thought, INFLATION.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS