Ethel's first show for 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
Some of you had ask to see pictures of Ethel when it's outfitted with the tools and set up at a car show. This past weekend we had a show for the Make-a-Wish for Kids in york at a local shopping center. About 150 vehicles of all types and shapes showed up on a beautiful day that brought out the special needs folks and their families. My wife and I have always had a special place in our hearts for these folks ever since we can remember. My wife had taught special ed classes at a couple different districts in the area when she was still teaching and we also help at our church with a program called Sonshine Kids Ministry. It allows the parents to sit comfortably during a church service while we watch their loved ones in a special needs classroom for the hour and a half it takes. We saw some of our 'friends' at the show this past Saturday too.

Anyway... as I said it was a beautiful day and during the day the special folks and their families get to vote on a vehicle that they think is Best of Show. After they get to take rides in some of the street rods and antique or classic vehicles, they come back for the presentation. As we were getting ready to tear down the display for the trip home a fellow walked up to us and said not to put everything away yet. When we ask why, he said they needed a picture. I said Ok thinking they were just taking a couple pictures for the daily paper that usually runs a nice article the next day and says how much the show raises for the Make-a-Wish group. He then added we'll need you both down front here in about 10 minutes for the trophy presentation. When I ask who got it.. he said you did! COOL... I go for the kids and the folks who visit Ethel and like to talk about the old tools and the work put into the truck. I never expected to win. I'm very hoarse today from all the talking but smiling anyway.

Anyway..to get off my soap box... here's Ethel's pictures from this first super show of the season. I didn't get to take the pedal saws to this one. Next week's show I'll take along one of the saws.

Driver_side_from_rear_-_small.jpg
Driver_side_tool_box_-_small.jpg
Passenger_side_from_rear_-_small.jpg
Passenger_side_from_front_-_small.jpg

Last edited:

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Way to go Mike! She sure looked good on the episode of Woodsmith Shop I saw recently too!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow very cool truck, and even cooler is it filled with woodworking tools.
No wonder you won Best of Show, that's one heck of a display. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Congratulations, Mike! Old Ethel sure looks pretty. No wonder she won! You did an excellent job on the restoration.

norm932

New User
norm
WOW!!! Nice truck, not to mention all the vintage tools. I wander if there are still some, back in the day finish carpenters around that would be sent back in the time warp. Congrats on the win, maybe you can post your show schedule, I would like to see first hand.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Pop,
Ethel is truly a piece of work (and love) :thumbsup:
I saw the clip on Woodsmith show and wondering if it was Ethel :mrgreen:

Roger

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
Pop,
Ethel is truly a piece of work (and love) :thumbsup:
I saw the clip on Woodsmith show and wondering if it was Ethel :mrgreen:

Roger

That was a shock to me. I had people asking me at the show if it was really my truck on TV. A couple years ago another wood working publication I suscribed to had done a profile on it's readers and I was the last one they did. I also suscribe to the Woodsmith magazine. One day a DVD and a letter came in the mail with an episode #112 on it and a note form the August Home publishing group that the truck was on the show. At the time it wasn't picked up here on the East coast yet so they sent me the DVD so I could see it. The note said it was one of the pictures taken when the profile was done by the other magazine but they wanted to show it on the Woodsmith Shop show. About 3 weeks after I got the DVD, they started showing the TV series on the local PBS station. They must have shown the episode twice in the last 3 weeks for some reason because a buddy from Florida called me 2 weeks ago to say he saw it.:gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS