estate auction/sale

Frajeelay

New User
Frajeelay
Tool photos
Good morning all... It was some time ago that I made my first post here as I was getting back into turning. I was going to restore my jet midi lathe and asked for some advice - it was great to see the replies and help offered... unfortunately life came along and kicked me in the teeth, as it is wont to do. My father fell ill right around that time and plans were put on hold. He passed back at the end of February and I have been involved in taking care of his estate since then. He was an avid woodworker/DIY'er and it was from him that I developed my interest in woodworking...he had quite the collection of tools, both vintage and newer. We will be holding an estate sale on July 14th and 15th to, hopefully find good homes for his stuff. My sister is taking care of getting the word out on social media - I don't do any of that - but I thought I would make mention of it here (I ran it by the folks who run this site and they me the ok to mention it) I know my Dad would love for his tools to continue on (some are quite old - belonging to my grandfather) with people that love the hobby. I'm not sure what details I'm allowed to post or if I'm able to answer questions in DMs or not but I just wanted to throw the general info out there in case anyone is interested.

Last edited:

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
you will be allowed to respond to DMs/Conversations that are sent to you. Do you have any lists or photos, links to such that the members can check out? Location of the auction?

Frajeelay

New User
Frajeelay
The sale will take place at my father's house in high point - address to come - It will be the 14th and 15th (friday/saturday) , (most likely 9-2 ish) of July. we have a google album/photo link thing with some pictures of what will be available but I'm not sure if I can post the link here or if I need to send via any DM I get. I'll try to link it here but will remove it if I'm not supposed to put it in. I will be happy to answer, to the best of my knowledge, any questions you all might have.
Tool sale from my father's estate

Last edited:

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
I would be interested in this estate sale but as mentioned, would appreciate photos with make/model if possible and the location of the sale.

Frajeelay

New User
Frajeelay
I would be interested in this estate sale but as mentioned, would appreciate photos with make/model if possible and the location of the sale.
Updated post above with photo link... Hopefully it works... If anything needs more information reach out and I'll try and clarify info on tools

Last edited:

Frajeelay

New User
Frajeelay
**update** the sale will be held this Friday and Saturday at 167 Wyndham Ave in High Point from 9-2 each day. The people handling the sale for us are doing the pricing as we have no experience with this type of thing. I don't know how these types of sales usually go so I can try to answer any questions the might be but my best answer my be "I don't know". I would imagine prices are negotiable and will be lowered the next day on items that haven't sold but don't quote me on that... The gate to the backyard will be open so just head on back... It will be the first house on the left as you enter the neighborhood. If anyone attends, I hope you find something of value and are able to put it to good use... That would make my dad happy

Frajeelay

New User
Frajeelay
Well, today went better than I expected for it being a Friday with rain... Just wanted to let everyone know that they will be marking down everything that is left 25-50% depending on the item. If anyone was able to stop by I hope you found something of interest or at least had a good conversation :)

Frajeelay

New User
Frajeelay
Sale ended today and I think Dad would have been happy to see his stuff go to good homes :) Some of the big tools didn't make it out the door, in case anyone is looking for a deal on "tools with character" Craftsman Table saw, Craftsman Bandsaw, the old style lathe (not sure the details but i think it's in the photos) a stand alone belt sander and the Dewalt planer are still there if anyone was looking for a deal

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
If you have trouble moving it here join the FaceBook group. There are lots of new woodworkers there hungry for deals.

Frajeelay

New User
Frajeelay
I'll talk to my sister - she does the Facebook thing but I never got on board... Did you mean there's a facebook group for NC woodworkers or woodworkers in general? Either way, great idea, thank you :)

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
I think she uploaded photos of what was left... Got almost immediate interest in a couple tools so thanks very much for the FB info 👍😁
Just be careful when dealing with people on FB Marketplace. When selling there are trolls who are only after your information so they can hack your account. Don’t give them your phone number or email. There is no need to communicate outside of FB Messenger. I find the scammers are very quick to respond and quickly come up with a reason they need your phone number or email.
Buying is only dangerous if you try to have something shipped and you pay an unprotected app like Zelle. I will only deal in person with cash buying or selling.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Just be careful when dealing with people on FB Marketplace. When selling there are trolls who are only after your information so they can hack your account. Don’t give them your phone number or email. There is no need to communicate outside of FB Messenger. I find the scammers are very quick to respond and quickly come up with a reason they need your phone number or email.
Buying is only dangerous if you try to have something shipped and you pay an unprotected app like Zelle. I will only deal in person with cash buying or selling.
We allow selling within the NCWW Facebook Group just like we do here. Facebook Marketplace doesn't get involved. Scammers get banned and the group disappears to them and their future profiles so a big price to pay if you enjoy the group.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS