Ends tomorrow! MINIMAX CU300 SMART Multimachine. Current bid is under $2000 (new is over 14K)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddler

New User
Todd
Hi Guys,

I haven't been around much, but I had to sign in to mention this IRS Auction. This is not my machine. It's 4+ hours drive from me, but I was still going to bid it up to 3000.

However, I put a bid in on a new SawStop today, and surprisingly, I won that for under 2000, so I won't bid on this machine. Still tempted to bid just for the jointer, but . . . my wife might kill me before I got to use either of them.

PLEASE, someone check this out if you are looking for a sliding table saw or a 12" jointer. This has both of those, with 4.8HP single phase motors.
The last CU300 that sold on ebay went for $4500 on a buy it now with local pick up. The lowest priced one on ebay now has an opening bid of $6999 (although it is the 8' sliding table. The one in Hickory is the 5 1/2' sliding table version.)

I spoke to the owner of company because I wasn't sure if it had single phase motors. The listing isn't clear, which may be why the bid is currently under 2k. The owner assured me it is a single phase machine, and said it was barely used. He got if from a university professor I think. You can call and confirm that it's single phase for yourself.

Anyway, this could be a fantastic buy for someone with a small shop looking for a high end multi-machine.

Happy Holidays!
Todd

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
This may be a good opportunity for someone; the prices in these auctions tend to spike up right before closing—plan on baby-sitting your bid right before the cut-off time—but this type of machine is not the type that interests the typical buyer at these auctions, so it might stay at a reasonable level. Just be aware of the terms if you haven't bid/bought from one of these auctions before.

I have purchased many things via the IRS auction site. They are good, but they are not targeted at consumers. You have to pay by wire transfer or FedEx'ed cashier's check within 48hrs. No credit cards. Also, there is a buyer's premium and loading fees that need to be taken into consideration. Also, you have to pick it up by the published deadline, which is an unusually generous 1/9/2015 for this auction. (Must be so late to accommodate the holidays.)

Good Luck!
K

Toddler

New User
Todd
The JDS will set you back $275 or so at the current bid. You have to add the 10% auction fee. If you look it up, you'll find that new, it's only about $380 delivered. I guess 30% off for a used machine isn't bad, but it wouldn't get me to bid unless I lived next door.

That MiniMax would set you back around $2000 right now, although I think it will go for more than that. You have to be aware of the 10% fee and the $100 loading fee. New it would set you back something like $14,000. So if you want a multi machine, it's a stellar deal, and it's a super high quality item. I actually didn't compare it to a 14,000 dollar machine, because I have a ton of space in the house we're moving into in 3 or 4 months. I just figured that to me its equal to a $3000+ sliding table saw and a $2500+ jointer.

Lot 81, the air dryer, is another steal at the moment, but only if you spray humidity sensitive finishes.

They point the fees you have to take into consideration when you register to bid, but Kevin is right, it's important to notice the 10% auction fee and the $100 loading fee. The wire transfer and pick up timing didn't seem significant to me, but good points to notice.
Todd

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
The JDS will set you back $275 or so at the current bid. You have to add the 10% auction fee. If you look it up, you'll find that new, it's only about $380 delivered. I guess 30% off for a used machine isn't bad, but it wouldn't get me to bid unless I lived next door.

That MiniMax would set you back around $2000 right now, although I think it will go for more than that. You have to be aware of the 10% fee and the $100 loading fee. New it would set you back something like $14,000. So if you want a multi machine, it's a stellar deal, and it's a super high quality item. I actually didn't compare it to a 14,000 dollar machine, because I have a ton of space in the house we're moving into in 3 or 4 months. I just figured that to me its equal to a $3000+ sliding table saw and a $2500+ jointer.

Lot 81, the air dryer, is another steal at the moment, but only if you sp

Todd, take a look at that airfilter again that is a larger one - 44" X 24" x 20" (The HP-L will be replacing that - $699) while I agree, its not a steal, but it is a JDS and IMHO that is better than other options out there...

I am glad you got your saw!
That Tannewitz looks like a good deal if it is in good shape! (but I, like you, enjoy having a roof over my head!):rotflm:

Toddler

New User
Todd
Roof is good. I'm moving from the garage to the basement, so it's a matter of not having a dust collector sticking out of a hole in the family room floor.

Good catch on the filter. I just searched by model number, but I did notice that the CFM was about 100 higher than the $375 version. Always good to read carefully when buying from an online auction.
Todd

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Roof is good. I'm moving from the garage to the basement, so it's a matter of not having a dust collector sticking out of a hole in the family room floor.

Good catch on the filter. I just searched by model number, but I did notice that the CFM was about 100 higher than the $375 version. Always good to read carefully when buying from an online auction.
Todd
RIGHT there Todd - you summed it up - "Buyer beware" is the first rule of auctions - and Buyer be SUPER-AWARE is the rule for online-auctions! ha ha
I am not going after the filter - I am not so sure that my garage door wouldn't implode!!

Toddler

New User
Todd
Not an outright steal, but yeah, great buy on a machine like that if it fits your needs. It went for enough that I don't feel like I made a mistake pulling the trigger on the SawStop. Would have been nice to see someone here get it at that price.
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors