Edwards Mountain Woodworks

Bill Anderson

New User
Bill
My name is Bill Anderson. I have in the past been a member of NCWW but let that lapse until recently! For 15 years I taught handtool woodworking with Roy Underhill at The Woodwright’s School in Pittsboro, NC. Unfortunately, that all ended last August and the school is now a wine store (!). Roy has gone on to other things, but I loved the teaching experience, and so now I am offering workshops at my shop outside Chaple Hill towards Pittsboro. My interests have always been in handtool woodworking, and I am a collector of vintage wooden handplanes. This has been a passion in my life for about 35 years. One of my interests is in making wooden planes. Take a look at the attached PDF to see a list of potential classes. These are grouped into Skill Building workshops, Project Oriented workshops, and Planemaking workshops. If you are interest in one of these workshops or have your own interests to pursue, contact me and I will send you workshop descriptions, and we can schedule a date. I do not have scheduled dates for my workshops listed. I can provide most of the tools needed for any of the workshops.

Attachments

• EMW Workshop Offerings.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 252

JoeC724

Joe
User
I took one of the tool chest classes last year that Bill co-taught, and it was fantastic. An absolute wealth of knowledge.
I will definitely be signing up for some classes!

Joe

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you Bill -
Glad to see you back here - I know I am one of many who hope you will contribute one morsel of the vast knowledge you have amassed!
I wish I was closer to take advantage of some of your classes. But WILL make the trip sometime soon...

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I enjoyed the saw sharpening workshop I took at your home shop, learned much, and have used that skill many times. I am glad to see you posting here again and hope to see you in a workshop again someday soon.

Hjanes

Harlan
User
Nice to hear from you, Bill. To others, Bill straightened out my use of a scraper problem in about 15 seconds at Roy's place.

Cuprousworks

Mike
User
I've taken multiple classes with Bill at his workshop and highly recommend them. You'll probably catch me at a couple of his upcoming classes as well 🙂...

Last edited:

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome back Bill. We are very glad you are still around.

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome back. I'm about half way between Pittsboro and Chapel Hill as well.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome back sir. I took a saw sharpening class from you at Roy's many years ago and I have your Moulding Planes DVD on a shelf just above my desk here at home.

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
AFIK, these wooden planes that I made in the early days of classes at EMW (2008) are the first of their ilk.
IMG_5042.jpeg

Last edited:

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Mike: I can’t believe you were able to keep those folders intact so many years! Pictures of those first planes really being back memories!
Remember that the stack of beech plane blank stock was air drying and when I asked "what for", you replied "I have big plans!'.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS