Earthlink & Mindspring users

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Once more with gusto.:neener:
If you are using Earthlink Spamblocker, you must, I repeat must put any ncwoodworker address on your white list. If you don't and I get any more auto replies asking the admin or the webmaster to request permission, I will suspend your account until you have fixed it.

This must be done before I turn over the various ncwoodworker email accounts to Monty. Oh Monty, did I forget to mention that you.:eusa_doh: Just remember that I am the NICE GUY:angel13:
Now Monty on the other hand is a real .....:violent1:

Tongue removed from cheek. Seriously, this needs to be done. You have no idea how many messages we get from earthlink about this and None us has the time to deal with it Every post notification message is being rejected. And eventually we will be forced to take more drastic action

b4man

New User
Barbara
Being an Earthlink and Mindspring subscriber I was obviously fortunate to have joined before this issue became such a pita for the administration here. I'm no expert on this but if any of you are going to use these accounts for your notifications, go to your web mail address book, add webmaster@ncwoodworker.com and add admin@ncwoodworker.com . If I'm correct the forum email notifications come from the webmaster address.
Individuals that may wish to send you email may be asked for permission but not the organization itself.

Thanks Steve and Monty for all the hard work you put into this for us.

Barbara

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Barbara, Thank you for help here.

If you you don't mind, let me add a few things. The addresses that you could receive things from are actually more than that and are possibly changing. For instance, the notifications used the come from webmaster and now they come from administrator. After the upgrade that may be different. Currently I am experimenting with the email sender from within the site becuase I have to find a way for those emails to be seen by Monty and others.

The best way is to put the whole domain on the white list and some member just said that they had done it.

There are very few "People" with ncwoodworker.net addresses and those have them are probably people you want to hear from. If I start sending you Spam just complain to Monty, and he will take of it.:lol:

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
What Steve said... just add the whole domain, ncwoodworker.com and ncwoodworker.net. Umm.. I think I did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS