DW 788 Gloat... Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedAS

New User
Ted
With my recent interest in wood gear clocks I found this old Craftsman saw to be a real drag to use.
Sears_Scroll_saw.JPG

View image in gallery

The Christmas elves found a way to put this under my tree!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

I cant believe how smooth and quiet this saw runs WOW! This is one nice tool.:banana:

Here is where I need help... Not being an experienced scroller I would like some advice on blade selection as well as your recommendations on where to order them.
When I make the clocks I cut a variety of woods 1/8” ,1/4”, 1/2” BB ply and 1/4” - 3/4” solid hard wood.

Thanks for looking.

sawduster

New User
Robert
You rock dood !! :icon_thum Nice score on a great machine :eusa_clap

As for blades and info :
http://www.mikesworkshop.com/

I use FD blades and really like them . Mike has a great blade resource and is a heckuva nice guy to talk to . Give him a call. Personally I like the ultra-reverse blades
Get a sample pack .....it has several different kinds and gives you a good arsenal to work with

Congrats bro :eusa_clap

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Ted, You ROCK DUDE Great score -:icon_thum:eusa_danc Another vote on Mike's blades - use them and love em - Mike will help you out in anyway he can - just tell him what you are doing and he will get you setup with the right blades - Just give me a call bro anytime you need me to come over and we will see what we can do with that smooth running machine - I will help ya out anyway I can:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS